Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:26:15 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trials ~ Keitaro Kazami
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trials ~ Keitaro Kazami  (Read 3317 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2009, 04:36:52 pm »

Kazami, eh? First elf to go for the Bronze since Delcarakdur, ain't he? Big boots to fill.

Discipline

Discipline is the key to success for any soldier, but especially for a Grenadier. Discipline grants a soldier the calmness and focus in battle he needs to stand firm in the face of enemy attack, and to make quick decisions and carry out orders without delay. The 1st Grenadiers are Cove's Elite Heavy Infantry, the Baron's own Household Guards, so it is only natural that we take the lead here.

~ Lead a combat training including at least 5 other guardsmen, the format of which is up to you. It must cover the use of coordinated attacks and solo combat, however.
~ Post a report below.

Brotherhood

As an elf, you'll have a hard time finding acceptance in Cove. It's just a fact of the culture. However, the Grenadiers are a Brotherhood as much as they are a Squad, and so they should be able to look past your pointed ears and affinity for trees and accept you as one of our own. For this task, you have two options;

Rita's Trials
~ It seems your Grenadier Sister-To-Be, Rita Whalebiter, is having difficulty motivating herself to complete her trials. You must aid her in the completion of at least one of her Trials to complete this task.
~ You do not have to write the report for this, but rather have her note here that you were in attendance to one of her Trials.

OR

Tavern Crawl
~ Gather up as many of the men as you can (at least four) and take them on a tavern crawl, visiting at least one major tavern during operating hours. Make sure the men are on something resembling their best behavior, but try and have a bit of fun and get to know your fellow troops.
~ At least one full Grenadier must attend, OR two potential Grenadiers.
~ Post a report describing how the group spent its time.

Loyalty

Grenadiers must be absolutely loyal to the Baron, ready to carry out his will without question at a moment's notice. Grenadiers may be called upon to arrest or strike down the seemingly innocent, family members, friends, even fellow soldiers, if the Baron deems it necessary for the greater good of the Baronship. To demonstrate your loyalty, you are to...

~ Detain Senior Scout Mela Arkay and question her regarding her alleged relationship with Senior Scout Kal Shadowhand, and how it might relate to Scout Corporal Trefynwyd's slaying by the latter.
~ Question Kal Shadowhand regarding this as well.
~ Report both Scouts' stories, highlighting any major differences.

Ability to Fight

Grenadiers kill things, and they do it well. A member of the Baron's Own must be ready and able to vanquish any foe in the name of the Baron, and capable of leading a group of men in pursuit of this task.

~ Lead a hunt to a location of your choosing, collecting a Trophy of your choice (see the huntsmaster's list of creatures).
~ At least 4 Guardsmen must attend.
~ Collect at least 15,000 gold in the process.
~ Post a report below.

Hup hup! None of this dilly-dallyin' like Whalebiter has been doin'.

*Signed Grenadierilly*
Sergeant Torrak Keres
Baron's Own Grenadiers
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:13:52 am by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:05:56 am »

Jack: "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
Diadarma: "If you don't want it.. give it back."
*Silence*
Jack: "No" *hugs the jar of dirt*
Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:36:04 am »

*pins a note to the board*
Dear Kal,

I hope this letter finds you before it is too late.  I know I should of trusted you in telling you this sooner but I always hoped it would never come to be.  Like you my family has also been plagued by drow, such is the way of elves since we cast them from ourselves.  My Grandmother was cursed by the High priestess of the first house many years before my mother was born.  This curse has since consumed me from the inside and I feel I can no longer contain it's effects. I will try to leave Cove before it takes too much of a hold but I think I still have some time left to make things right again between us.

*scribbled out words*

*the letter remains unfinished and unsigned*

I forgot to put this in with what I had posted.

*signed*
Keitaro Kazami

*Silence*
Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:45:18 am »

*pulls the paperwork out from under the huge stack*

*Silence*
Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 03:56:24 am »

*Silence*
Keitaro Kazami
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 06:07:49 am »

*Silence*
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 01:07:45 am »

Good work Junior!

*signed*

Raiden, Retired Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length