Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:58:47 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Drill Instructor's Course: Graem Carcer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drill Instructor's Course: Graem Carcer  (Read 2083 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2007, 09:11:56 am »

Raiden rested his ale on the table and lent back in his chair. Picking up the parchment he spoke aloud to himself.

"So... Carcer fancies himself as a drill master eh? Well... He's got the beard fer it!"

Let's see what he can do. Raiden thought as he picked up his quill.

Drill Instructor's Course: Graem Carcer, Officer Cadet.

Greetings Cadet,

Here is your Drill Instructor's course.

Part One:

Lead a Recruit Cadre so our newest guardsman are familiar with basic orders and formations.

Lead a Parade Drill
including full uniform and and equipment check to instill some discipline in the ranks. If anyone is found lacking punish them accordingly.

Part Two:

Lead Recruitment Parades to Britain, Luna and New Haven. Each parade is to last no less than fifteen minutes. Lay banners, hand out recruitment leaflets and show some Covian swagger.

Part Three:

Lead two Training Sessions, one practical and one theoretical. The content of these trainings is up to you, whether they be weapons, tactics, fitness, field medicine or survival based etc.

Post a full report including pictures of each task below.

Good luck Carcer.

*signed and stamped with the Grenadier seal*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:44:07 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:03:11 pm »

Part I

LEAD

Cadet Carcer

ATTENDING

Grenadier Tel'var
Scout Dalamar
Scout Garand
Scout Kerri
Watchman Scarr
Watchman Mortan
Recruit Bardicous
Recruit Sieyes
Recruit Aldred

-=-=-

Part I of the task has been complete; a full cadre outlining the basic principles of the army was taught to the new recruits, a practice drill was briefly held, and a kit inspection was performed. Those lacking in equipment have been told to stock up, and all have been informed to practice their parade orders, as we head to town in a few days to perform some recruitment parades.

*Signed*

- Graem Carcer, Officer Cadet.

-=-=-

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:12:29 pm »

A good start Carcer!

Grand ter see such a good turnout too.

Well done!

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 07:05:16 pm »

(OOC: Sorry for the lateness of this! I thought I'd done it ages ago)

LEAD

Cadet Carcer, Graem

ATTENDING

Sergeant Grayner, Hoagie
Corporal Sanderson, Kelly
Cadet Dalamar
Watchman Trent, Jon
Recruit Rhu, Azhaal
Recruit Kelt
Recruit Sieyes (Deserted)

Citizen Evinyatar

-=-=-

Alright, so for the second trials, I had to lead a recruitment parade in each of the three major cities;

Britain
Luna
New Haven

All of them went without much of a problem, except Britain due to the amount of merchants screaming over us! We dropped numerous banners, and after each 15 minute long parade, I sent the men out to talk to the citizens and see if they could drum up some interest for about 10 minutes... Overall, a good effort but we can do better in future, I know it!

*Signed*

-=-=-

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:15 am »

LEAD

Cadet Carcer, Graem

ATTENDING

Sergeant Grayner, Hoagie
Sergeant Arkay, Mela
Scout ShadowHand, Kal
Grenadier Falconheart
Watchman Haap, Celuvian
Recruit Kobra, Marcus

-=-=-

For the first half of the final part in my DI trials, I was instructed to lead a practical training of some form, my subject choice was Polearm Theory - Their practical uses, strengths, and weaknesses.

Though I was hoping I'd be able to teach a few more Recruits than turned up, the turn-out was as I'd expect it. The men were attentive and often joined in, in taking guesses at the obvious advantages and disadvantages of the various polearms on display.

The lesson was concluded that the halberd and spear are the better 'specific purpose' polearms; moreso than any multi-purpose variants that have been smithed, such as the bardiche or pike.

*Signed*

-=-=-

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:45:49 pm »

LEAD

Cadet Carcer, Graem.

ATTENDING

Captain Morana, Raiden.
Sergeant Grayner, Hoagie.
Sergeant Sanderson, Kelly.
Watchman Scarr, Thomas.
Recruit Kobra, Marcus.
Recruit Rhu, Azhaal.

-=-=-

At last! My Drill Instructor trials are complete! Tonight I led the final part of the trials; a practical training of some sort, and tonight it was BATTLEGAMES!

With the six in attendance, we had even teams, allowing us to play games of last team standing, attack/defend, along with Yewish Bulldog and the infamous Last Man Standing, which to my surprise was won by a crossbowman! In terms of the art of warfare; she should have gone down second after the mage! Well done, Corporal Sanderson!

*Signed*

-=-=-

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 10:44:51 am »

Good work Cadet.

Course complete.

*signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length