Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:00:15 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruit Trial: Arathorn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Trial: Arathorn  (Read 2723 times)
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2005, 10:24:17 pm »

*A stout old man covered in saw dust limps towards you mumbles to himself*

Bah! bloody high and mighty nobles only wanting the fanciest of things!

*The man starts to dust off his apron leaving a large causing a cloud of sawdust to form*

I be the best craftsman Cove has ever seen I tell ye! If not Sosoria but these nobles are going to far these days me boy!
Ahhh but yer probably wondering what an old coot like meself is talking about eh eh?

Well… I got me a little note thingy here saying I can have me a recruit for a day! Ho ho ho! Now since your wearing one of those bandages around your head or whatever you youngsters call them these days and not to mention the goofy look you got coming from your eyes.. Ho ho ho! Yes that’s the one!

*The man points towards your face and keeps on laughing for a good long time*

Uhn.. Now uhh.. About that little task I got for you my lad ye see there’s this snotty noble wearing this silly hat I’m sure you heard of him.. Anyway! He wants an instrument.. But not just any instrument he wants himself a harp which was created by the finest wood around and the strings made out of the tail hairs of a fire steed!

Anyway I put a little list together just for you lad! Just so you won’t get confused and bring me the wrong items.

*The man digs around in his pocket and pulls out a note covered in saw dust*

Now good luck to you lad! And bring me back my things! Hop hop get too it!

*The note in your hand says the following things*

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

How to make a fine harp.

Written by Boris McGregor

First you need to get yourself the wood there are three kinds of special wood out there.

- Reaper wood
- Corpser wood
- Tree fellow wood

Now for a perfect harp these three kinds of wood must be combined with a very very strong glue which can be made when combining the fluids of these creatures.

- A jar full of plague beast slime
- The fluids inside the skull of a lich
- The web from a blackwiddow spider

Now last but not least are the strings that will be used for the harp.
They will exist out of the hairs of three special animals.

- The tail of a firesteed
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Post report Below:

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Nathaniel Hawk
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 05:15:14 pm »

The Harp.
-------------------------

-------------------------

Arathorn took a while on him reading through the note. Figuring of what places he could find these things and how he would get there.

He decided that he would find the diffrent types of wood first so he set off into the forest to find these foul creatures.
He could still not stop smiling for himself of being stupid enough to risk his life for a harp. The thought of loosin his life in this procedure made him frown.

At last after some walking he found one of them Corpser. He took aim on the whipping tentacles and began shooting on it with his bow. Good enough aimed the Corpser gave up and went lifeless.
-----------------------------------------

He gatherd teh wood material from the corpser and hurled it over his shoulder, continuing his walk into the forest.

He now shearched for a reaper. Arathorn had heard tales about their evilness of luring people into the grasps of its branches and then draining the life out of them. After some more walking in the forest he actaully found one. It sure knew how to look like a tree but it was still attached to the ground so Arathorn kept his distance and began to firein his arrows onto it.
------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------

After some time it fell and Arathorn was able to Gather the wood from it.

A tree fellow was hard to find in the lands of light. Arathorn had to travel to a Moongate and go to the facet of Malas. He began his walk into the forest and soon enough there was a big creature made of tree trunks standing infront of him.
They did not engage but Arathorn sure needed the wood from it.
After the first arrow left Arathorns bow the tree trunk began chargin against him.

Finally after a dozen of arrows it fell and Arathorn was able to gather some wood from it. He had now completed the wishes of diffrentt Tree types and went on to the special "Glue".

Firstly he had to gather some slime from a Plague beast he thought that the only place able of getting a plauge was Yew so he went to Yew using the moongate and began to search the swamps for a plague beast.
As he enterd a house to take a rest a stench of rotten flesh mad him jump back.
 Suddenly a pile of slime of organs came against him. Arathorn decided to take the fight outside. He lured the Plague beast outside and engaged it.
---------------------------

---------------------------
After a while of Fighting it finally stopped to move and it's spawns went quiet aswell. He then took some slime from it and put it into a jar.

Now he just had to fluids from a liches heads inside. Arathorn sat down and pondred where he should go from Yew...then he was reminded he had been to a haunted forest killing these liches. It was not far away so he began to run.
Finally Arathorn Reached the forest. He entred carefully hearing the laughters of the wicked necromancers around him. Finally he spotted one. He ran up to it so it would'nt have time to cast a spell upon him.
-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

After a couple of slashing and stabbing it fell to the ground. Arathorn tookk a firm hold onto its head liftin it up and slicing it off with one chop. He took the head under his arm and went out from the forest to saftey.
He cracked the head on a stone and poured the fluids into a jar closing it quickly.
Arathorn was now done with gathering the ingrediences to the glue.

He now needed to get a tail from a fire steed...as the strings is the finest you cna get.
Arathorn knew of a cave leading down to a lava pool. He guessed he would be able to find a steed of fire.
 He arrived to the cave at late night but enterd as it was dark in there eitherway. He drank a potion that he bought from an alchemist not long time ago. this made him being able to see atleast some in the dark. He began to walk deeper down into the cave.
Then the cavern wall flammed up as teh Steed of fire approched Arathorn he took his spear out and began to fight it.
--------------------------------

It fell smoothly infront of his feets and he cut the tail of it rolling it together down into his pouch.
Arathorn was now finished with his task and returned to Cove wiht a smile on his face.
He gave the ingridients to the Craftsman and got a pat on his shoulder.

*Signed*
Arathorn

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 01:45:13 am »

Great report, you'll make a fine Junior for sure

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 11:03:33 am »

Excellent! You best be there this sunday!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Nathaniel Hawk
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:43:19 pm »

I will sir.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length