Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:55:06 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Your opinion on the guild!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your opinion on the guild!  (Read 4435 times)
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 02:49:31 pm »

Well when I first joined BoC I had loads of spare time and I really enjoyed being part of it. It's one of the most continously active guilds I have been part of.

I left UO for almost a year and now that I am back I have considerbaly less time. I still enjoy training, hunts and parades etc but the one thing that bothers me is the sheer amount of reports. I understand that the militia is based upon real foundations but I would rather not have to sit and write a report about a training session, taking up time that I could use rp-ing.

(edit)  It has also just occured to me, Yue Yan is from another culture and whilst she speaks the language of Cove she doesn't necessarily know how to write it. Yet not writing reports holds me back from promotion.

That's hardly an issue seeing how I got to Junior Guardsmen with Dell (This was well over one and a half years ago.) and he can't write and didn't write a single report himself. (Obviously I did. But IC he never did.)

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Yue Yan
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 03:47:41 pm »

Yes but the main point is *I* don't have the leasure of plenty of spare time to write lots of reports. My life is way to busy now. And it's only an opinion after all.

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:57:15 pm »

Aye. I did have time to write reports (not anymore though) so I guess where your coming from.

However, if you would not be graded on the reports you make etc the option is being promoted for how good your role play is. Which in my head makes a lot of sense but will take a lot more time for a promotion.
I.E you won't be promoted after a week of hard work if your promotion requirements are to be a great role player. But you can be promoted after a week of hard work attending hunts, writing reports etc.

And in difference to Grd, BoC has decided to go for a system that promotes activity. Not saying you can't have both, which BoC promotes in other ways.

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 05:48:19 pm »

Church - to be honest, BoC society is quite similiar to early American - it consist mostly of immigrants. Not many chars (at least of those, which have their bio posted) are said to "born" in Cove. That's why not everyone feels the need to follow the Avatar - they came from more or less distant lands with their own habits and beliefs. If you don't respect Avatar, you don't respect his organisation. Presto. Even more, when that organisation is preaching using sword and whip.

As far as I know, all the humans worship the Avatar (or the Guardian=P ). It's how it is in Sosaria. And the Church in the middle ages christened heathens with the sword, and it creates a certain realistic aspect. The Church could perhaps come to some deal with the Church of Yew, letting them hold masses in Cove?
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »

NEVER!! Kill the Yewians!!

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 06:09:35 pm »

Church - to be honest, BoC society is quite similiar to early American - it consist mostly of immigrants. Not many chars (at least of those, which have their bio posted) are said to "born" in Cove. That's why not everyone feels the need to follow the Avatar - they came from more or less distant lands with their own habits and beliefs. If you don't respect Avatar, you don't respect his organisation. Presto. Even more, when that organisation is preaching using sword and whip.

As far as I know, all the humans worship the Avatar (or the Guardian=P ). It's how it is in Sosaria. And the Church in the middle ages christened heathens with the sword, and it creates a certain realistic aspect. The Church could perhaps come to some deal with the Church of Yew, letting them hold masses in Cove?

I think they did something like this when Cove and Yew was allies ages ago. Not as much though but it happened (Maybe I dreamed it all!). It would make sense, at war or not the church should work together.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length