Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:07:00 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Building of the Northern Garrison
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Building of the Northern Garrison  (Read 4390 times)
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:23 pm »

Construction Log

When:  04/29/08, 20:04 GMT

Commanding Officer:  Edward Striker, Commoner

Guardsman in attendance:  None

Report:

I was commissioned by Takeamada of Cove to build a Garrison for the Covian Army, in the northern part of the Barony.  I looked for many weeks for a suitable place only to find that all the places that I which to use were taken.  I then came a cross a lot that once had a larger tower on it.  I filed the needed paper work and paid the fees and taxes to take control of this plot of land.  18x16 in the standard measurement located at 76* 55’N, 57* 01’E.

I have been working on this project daily  for many weeks now, the shell and main support walls are in place.  I will report more as I go along.

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:59:38 pm by Takeamada » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:38:20 am »

Damn fine work Commoner!

We'll be sure to make use of the facilities, especially the bar after a long hard sentry at the Altmere!

100 Shillings Awarded - Edward Striker, Commner.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:29 pm »

Construction Log

When:  05/02/08, 14:45 GMT

Report:

Well I have started the interior work now; a forge and anvil have been added to the workspace in the basement.  The recreation area is coming along.  A Coven by the name of Bruce was hired to tend bar.  The Parade Ground and Training Area are also looking very nice.  The OIC (Officer in Charge) office is starting to shape up, as is the quartermaster’s supply room.

If anyone has suggestions, now would be the time to put it in before construction is to far along.

For those wishing to take a tour of the construction site please contact me by pigeon (441-049-714), send it to Watchman Takeamada, he knows how to contact me.  The located of the northern garrison is at 76* 55’N, 57* 01’E.

I will report more as I go along.

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 01:50:18 pm »

75 Shillings Awarded - Edward Striker

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:38:27 pm »

Construction Log

When:  05/03/08, 13:15 GMT

Report:

The guards sleeping quarters has been completed.  There are beds to accommodate six of Coven’s finest.  Each has there own table, light, and overhead storage.  A fireplace was in stalled to keep them warm on those cold coven nights.  This will allow for fewer blankets, which will conserve material and keep housekeeping cost down as well.

If anyone has suggestions, now would be the time to put it in before construction is to far along.

For those wishing to take a tour of the construction site please contact me by pigeon (441-049-714), send it to Watchman Takeamada, he knows how to contact me.  The located of the northern garrison is at 76* 55’N, 57* 01’E.

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 11:09:35 am »

Edward Striker awarded - 50 Shillings

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:32:13 am »

Construction Log

When:  05/15/08, 14:00 GMT

Report:

I was ordered by the project manager Watchman Takeamada to stop all construction on the northern garrison.  I asked why?  He stated that after getting feed back from other members of the command, the location was not strategically or tactical in the best interest of the command and that a new location should be found.  I ask Watchman Takeamada “how long that would take?”  He informed me that a new location that would meet the strategically and tactical needs has already been found, and construction was to start ASAP!!!

He also informed me that the current property has been sold to a member of the army for the construction of a private home.  That I was to remove all items and equipment from the location and move it to the new location next to the Altmere Outpost. The located of the new northern garrison is at 58* 48’N, 67* 17’E.

Construction has started at a break neck speed due to the events taking place in and around Cove.  Watchman Takeamada has issued me a check from the sale of the old garrison and gold from his personal account.  He has commanded that I set daily construction records and ensure that the garrison is ready when called for?  He gave no date.  I have informed my crew and crafters of the changes and put forth a challenge to them to make ready the garrison!  I do not wish to see the loss of any member of the army, because this garrison was not ready to serve Cove!  

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:58:21 am »

Construction Log

When:  05/16/08, 06:00 GMT

Report:

I have put the gold given to me by Watchman Takeamada to good use.  It is paying the overtime I have ordered from my crew and crafters.  Construction is going quick and so far with out issue!  Have a major water source near by has help greatly in the mixing of mortar for the stonework.  

Watchmen Takeamada has provided security need from wandering monster that show up now and then.  When he is not present a few of my crew and myself do what we can to provide security for the workers.  I have ordered all work to be done in the daylight; it is just too hazardous to work at night.  Seem the torches attract the monsters like fireflies.  I cannot afford to lose any of my workers.

Work progresses quickly.  The four-dwarven masons I hired, seem to be making quick work of all the stonework.  For we have the basic shell of the garrison done!  Which is wonderful.  We now have a place to store equipment and move to for protection if attacked.  I must get back to work and start planning the interior work.

The located of the new northern garrison is at 58* 48’N, 67* 17’E.

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 05:18:07 pm »

Construction Log

When:  05/16/08, 17:45 GMT

Report:

The good news is, the wandering monsters are giving us gold to help build the new garrison.  The bad news is, its slowing down construction and the poor monster has to die for the great good of Cove!  Don’t really mind them taking the dirt nap, just which they would not interfere with my construction schedule!

Started laying out the training area and parade ground.  Looking mighty fine if I do say so myself!!  The interior is coming along just grand.  Should have the guard’s sleeping quarters, and duty officer’s office done today.  Oh and the holding cells are ready if needed.  Still working on the quartermaster’s room and the pub.  The anvil & forge are also in place.  Watchman Takeamada drop off a large crate, told me to place in the basement for now.  I was shocked to see a giant mongbat in it.  Seems to be some kind of dartboard or something?  Well, must return to work.

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 09:20:36 pm »

A further 100 shillings awarded to Edward Striker!

*signed*
Eve, Grenadier Corporal
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:08 am »

Construction Log

When:  05/17/08, 20:05 GMT

Report:

It seems a few of my workmen are less then honest.  After letting the men off just before dark to head home, a small band of them came back to see if they could earn gold the easy way!  By stealing it!  Only problem is my hunting bow was quicker then their swords. Watchman Takeamada told me that when he or any other member of the army was not here, that I was in charge and responsible for the safety and care of this garrison.  So I warned these no goods and dealt with them quickly.  If your going to earn Covian gold, your going to have to earn it the honest way or face Covain punishment.

On a sad note, today a troll killed Bruce the bartender that was originally hired and started at the first location.  I sent his family what I could to help them make ends meet.  To further help them, I hired Jay to take his place.  Jay is Bruce’s older brother.

Well, must return to work.

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 05:36:05 pm »

Construction Log

When:  05/18/08, 18:00 GMT

Report:

Here is an update on how things stand on construction.  For the most part, the garrison is ready to be used.  It still needs to be supplied and minor adjustments still need to be made to the décor.  But it’s ready to support any action the army requires.  The following drawings are by floor to show current usage of the floors.  I will be available to make any adjustments the army needs to this garrison to meet their requirements.

Ground Floor

Second Floor

Third Floor

Roof Top

* signed *

Edward Striker
Builder

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:48:09 pm »

Edward Striker ~ 100 shillings awarded