Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 07:02:58 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Garand - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Garand - COMPLETED  (Read 4166 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2005, 02:55:32 am »

Eyeing Watchman Garand walking into the Barracks, picking his nose, Ahmed stood up and called him over sharply. Rummaging through his desk, he pulls out a crumpled piece of paper and slowly hands it over to Garand...

Watchman Garand!
Your time as come...to time! Gwyahaha- ahem. You've come far lad, never thought you would last this long in Cove, but you have. Get these tasks done and you'll be wearing that legendary Covian Cap sooner than you think boy! Get to it and good luck!

Objective One: Infiltrate the Vesperian border
  • Weaponry used.
  • Armour types used.
  • Building names.
  • Number of Guardsmen present at that time, and superior Officers.
  • Guardsmen ranks.

Conditions:
  • Wear some sort of a disguise.
  • Do not get caught. If caught, say nothing to trace back to Cove.
  • Try conducting this duty during peak hours (7pm GMT onwards).

Objective Two: Lead a hunt to dungeon Shame
Lead a hunt to dungeon Shame! Easy as that! But...

Conditions:
  • At least five guardsmen are to accompany you!
  • Slay at least two blood elementals with your group
  • Gather at least fifteen thousand gold pieces for the coffers

Do not let me down! Everything is to be documented in this thread, with full reports for each, including sketches. 

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:03:14 pm by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 10:33:53 pm »

Sneak into Vesper? Pah! They couldn't find bread in a bakery!

I popped on a newly made disguise and headed for the Vesperian border. As I trudged down the road, I thought to myself about how I would approach this task, and as I saw the first buildings of vesper through the three I smiled and stepped into the shadows.

They seemed neither present in numbers nor power, so I contented myself with a mosey around the area to gather as much information as I could about their military basing and the general infrastructure of their town. It seems the life of the vesperian militia is grouped tightly around the Church, their Town Hall, and the famed Swaggers, which was still looking shabby from when we paid a little visit

I gathered little information about the Ranking system or the arms and armour used by the Vesper Militia, but one man I encountered by the Name of Baldrick Neband seemed to be refered to as the leader of the militia, and he had basic leathers with a tatty red kilt. If this is any indication as to how the rest of them are equipped.. Well... Not too much to fear in that department!

On being noticed in a dark corner, I posed as a wandering fighter, looking around the lands for a militia worthy of my warfork. I asked them to lead me to their barracks and military headquarters, but to no avail...

The Troops and their.. spiffy armour...

What seems to be the primary buildings in the Vesper Area...

As I was about to head home, I heard muffled talking from inside the walls of swaggers. Looking in through an open window, I saw two fat Vesperians talking of diplomacy, and possible plans for the future.  As they talked of alliances to be forged, a startling conversation began to unfold...

Two fat Vesperians...

[OOC: I'll add more about their army and supplies when I get the chance to go back, but at the moment I only have about an hour in the evenins for UO, due to school and coursework]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 10:58:21 pm by Garand » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 11:00:25 pm »

Commander Eason cursed, and sat up in his bed; wincing as the pain in his leg returned.

Good work, Watchman Garand!
Excellent Report, and noted too!
*Throws a pie at Ahmed*

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 11:43:48 pm »

*Gets his by the pie*
*Walks up to Eason and smacks his bad leg with his stick*
Uhh, grand work on infiltrating Vesper Watchman. Only one more task to go, maybe you'll be able to sneak in the promotion for tomorrow eh? Keep it up.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 08:13:06 am »

*looks at one of the paintings*

What's that blue... thing?!
You been smoking NIGHTSHADE lad?!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 05:55:06 pm »

*Shakes head*

Nay, it wa.. a big blue thing... Had some business with 'em Vesper foo's.

*Nod Nod*

*Signed*
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 05:33:29 pm »

Section Two: Hunt To Shame

Garand ran about looking for anyone to join the hunt for his trials. Most people made excuses or ran away, but he stuck with it and sooner or later had a group of worthy warriors to aid him in his trials.

Attended:
Garand, Watchman (Leading)
Ahmed Al Maktoum, Grenadier Sergeant
Erik Arkay, Junior Guardsman
Hrothgar, Armsmaster Champion
Raiden, Watchman
Drachir, Junior Scout
Kiran, Guardsman Recruit

We set off to Shame with the aid of a gate from Arc, and I briefed the people who came with me as they lined up outside.

I was shakey at giving orders at first, but as we got deeper and good form became more and more important as to the survival of the group, I managed to keep them more and more in toe.

The group slaying some Earth Eles

We went down floor by floor, looting all bodies as they fell, and we came to the 3rd level. Fighting our way through air and fire elementals, there was good cross healing all round, and we slowly progressed deeper in. We went through a portal into the Elder Gazer room, and slaughtered a few of those for good measure. When we went throgh the gate into the fourth floor, I became disorientated and lead the group the long way around to the blood elementals. After finally discovering the bridge onto their island, we slowly explored looking for the big red clouds.

The body of a blood elemental.

After slaying two of them, we did a gold check and it was determined that we had just over 15000 crowns! We made our way back through the use of magic scrolls, and I dismissed the group after a job well done.

Our Booty.

[OOC:Sorry for the delay, would have done it sooner but I got killed by a falling mountain of homework.]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:17:23 pm by Garand » Logged

*Signed*

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 05:42:27 pm »

*Reads the names on the list *

"They never do see the recruits do they!"

(ooc- Me was there too mate  Undecided )

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 07:01:53 pm »

Aribaah! Well done Garand, be there on Sunday and get your promotion!! If you don't, you'll get demoted!! Gwyahahaha-...ahem.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 07:13:07 pm »

*nudges Garand*

Aye well done Garand, 'twas a fine hunt.

But it's Raiden, Watchmen!

Ahem ... nay Recruit *growls*

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 07:16:24 pm »

Blah! I'm not a machine! *Scribbles down corrections*

OOC: Sorry for missing you out, and for the mistake of the rank, didn't get a list at the time, so I only had my memory to go on  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:18:28 pm by Garand » Logged

*Signed*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 08:54:45 pm »

*smirks*

Nay bother - congratulations on completin' yer test!!!

Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length