Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2024, 04:46:10 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A failed task!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A failed task!  (Read 1944 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:13:30 am »

*Erik hobbles back from the tavern to the barracks after being wounded in the victorius battle with the Vesperians. Outside, Joey Lanai is talking to one of the new female recruits and I halt by them for just a small second when Julius Estory comes up from behind grunting like an old hag*

Oi! You! Watchman! Quit trying to impress the lasses with some bruises and fleshwounds!

B-b-b-but sir! I'm really hurt!

Pish Posh and hogwash! If you REALLY want to impress the lass you'll fetch me an Orcish Bow.

B-b-b...

No but's! Off you go!

*Erik clasps on his armour and hobbles in the direction of the Orc fort being thoroughly pleased with such a worthy assignment*

*Erik tries to sneak into the Fort but is immediately greated by an Orc Brute*

*After dispatching of the Brute and his minions Erik starts to hunt down every scout, chopper, bomber and other Orcs he can find. But an Orcish Bow seems to ellude him*

Gah! I need an Orcish bow ye monstrosities! Bring it to me! NOW!

*The entire Fort is in an uproar now and more and more powerful orcs converge on Erik*

*In between waves of attacking Orc parties Erik looks frantically for an Orcish Bow but is unable to find one as of yet*

*Green chunks of orcish flesh and blood are everywhere now but the onslaught continues*

Gah! Be damned with this! I'm already carryin' all the gold and Orcish heads I can carry! I guess that's one less lass I can impress. Time to retreat I say!

*Not all Orcs seem to be willing to allow Erik to escape. Although quite a few of them cowered in the other direction some still pressed on!*

*A large orcish party awaits Erik at the exit*

Gah! No time to come up with a cunnin' plan for this! I'll just pretend I'm Joey then and slaughter them all! MUHAHAHA

*Just as I was about to fell the last of the assaulting party Erik runs out of arrows*

Bah! That's where my trusted sash comes in!

*Erik removes his sash and proceeds to strangle the last of the Orcs with it*

*Erik returns to the Tavern, where else could ye find an Arcanist, and presents Julius with the gold and Orcish heads he collected. Despite the lack of an Orcish bow Arcanist Estory showed his compassion and sympathy whereupon Erik retured completely exhausted and disappointed*

[OOC: God damn...an hour and a half of slaying and NO Orcish bow... bleh!]

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:29:30 am »

Gah! What is a mage going to do with a bow anyway! Good work Arkay, keep it up foo'.

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Julius Estory
Guest Of Cove

Standing 5'4" and going strong!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 06:11:20 pm »

Never know Ahmed... Perhaps shoot some humility into the likes of ye eh...?

Anyway nicely job Arkay!
Shame with the bow, however I am sure the lasses are deeply impressed with your efforts.
The bow was simply a.... quest item as they say.
They are quite rare so the chances were small.

*Blinks*
Never!! NEVER I say!!
To War!!!
Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 02:17:32 pm »

*is quite impressed*

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*