Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:27:04 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Drachir's Hunt to Fire.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drachir's Hunt to Fire.  (Read 1261 times)
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005, 11:23:42 pm »

the hunt started off as a simple hunt, with a simple task, to defeat 5 efreets. This turned from simple, to down right death defying...

Attendance:
Leading:
Junior Scout Drachir
Squad:
Sargeant Hrothgar
Sargeant Ahmed
Corporal Veldrin
Junior Arkay
Watchman Garand
Watchman Morana

Once we reached the entrance of Fire, we were in dangerous territory, we were in the home of the Army of Kaldor, and we did not want to be here long so we decided to get into the dungeon as fast as possible. Once we got into the dungeon we did not know much about the layout, so i decided to go by instinct. My instinct was correct mostly but we had a string of bad luck...

Once we discovered the lurking point of efreets we tried to cross the bridge to find more, however, the bridge collapsed after some of us had crossed. Hrothgar, Ahmed and Erik were all trapped on the other side and could not continue. But, with Ahmed's intelligence, they used their shields to try and get across. This succeeded.
          Once we had succeeded in crossing the bridge, we ventured forward, we went throught the left side of the huge corridor-filled dungeon. Unluckily, we chose the wrong direction for we all fell down a huge hole, except for Erik Arkay. Luckily with my cunning, i told Watchman Garand to crouch down, and told everyone to jump off his back and out of the hole. This, luckily succeeded too.

We were walking for many minutes, looking for some more efreets but could not find any, so we started to look for an exit...we ventured down a pathway, which ended up to be a dead end. As we started to turn back, the walls and ceiling started rumbling and lava started dripping. We ran for it, we ran as far as we could, and we came towards some steps, we ran down the steps and kept running, we ran down a pathway to the left, and there were webs, we did not know what to do...Hrothgar tried to slash his way through the webs, but got trapped. We were trapped between burning walls and ceiling and  cobwebs. We decided to go for the cobwebs, we tried to tug our way through, but the webs were too strong. Then Ahmed shouted,

"Watch out!"

He pulled out a flask, fingured it a little, and through it towards us, the flask smashed and flames rose up...we were free of the cobwebs!

We'd had enough! We could not take the bad luck anymore! Hrothgar ran off on his own, so we were left ot try and fight our way back through. After getting through the way we came, even  falling back into the hole and trying to get across the broken bridge, we got out into the sunlight! We were free! But we were still in Kaldorian Territory, so we had to get going fast. We all found our own ways back to the Barracks, and got there in no shorter than 5 minutes.

We collected over 14,000gp in loot and over 2,000 of that went to the coiffers.
Over all the guardsman did a fine job!

*signs*
Junior Scout Drachir

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:33:53 pm »

Very enjoyable hunt, with the report to match it. Just don't hang around next time, just get on with it otherwise you'll bore us all to death! Good work anyway, keep it up!

Grenadier Sergeant Maktoum,
Cove Militia & Cove Administration

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length