Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:48:21 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  A call for Help, The Green Goblin!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A call for Help, The Green Goblin!!  (Read 1250 times)
Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:27 am »

OK...Here's the deal. The Green Goblin is going really slow right now and could  really use some help. The facts right now are That Scarlet cannot run the place on her own and if we're going to have a successful tavern then it needs to have more support...

I know some of you are still a bit angry or agitated by the change in ownership and  design... but honestly can't that be put aside? The Green Goblin is a major part of BoC, It's the place where characters are supposed to relax and enjoy themselves when not doing whatever career field they are caught up in.

And it's really hard for two people to run the place. Scarlet and Kal have been doing all this work to make a place for everyone to come to...They've been sacrificing THEIR time to make an enjoyable place for us to go...

So I put this out there for anyone interested..  The Green Goblin needs staff so that  it can run events. Poetry Nights, Talent Contests, Etc etc... It's a way to pull more people in and make  The Green Goblin The Most Popular Tavern on Europa once again!

So toss off your qualms...The Green Goblin belongs to Cove. No matter who owns it or what it looks like it IS part of The Guild's heritage. So if you are interested in playing a barmaid or a Bouncer. Or any other Tavern related job... Contact Kal Shadowhand or Myself and we can get you setup.

Let's enjoy our tavern again, It's the only one we have Smiley

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:35:50 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, the general drop in activity is server-wide. As someone that skits around between the Swaggers, the Goblin and the Deer on a fairly regular basis then, yes, of course it's obvious that the Goblin is suffering a decline but then we are as a whole community.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't make a bigger effort to promote your tavern, I mean you were trumping the Swaggs hands down three or four months ago and now they're probably a bit more active. But at the same time I don't think "Kal and Scarlet" should beat themselves up too much.

All o'Europa's a mess.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:56:29 pm »

I thought long and hard about replying to this message but hopefully it'll be of some value and I don't think it's anything I haven't already said to Kal and Scarlet privately since the change in ownership of the Goblin.

The reason it was successful in the past was that the core of it's staff we're civilian main characters who may or may not have had guardsman alts, so the majority of their game time was spent as barstaff, rather than being out on patrol etc. most of the time as Guardsman main characters.

Previously the Goblin was run like a squad. It had a manager/manageress who were effectively squad leaders and through tasks they kept the barstaff, cooks and bouncers busy and active and in doing so created spin off activity for the tavern. Also like any squad it's only going to be as successful as the hard work and man hours put in by it's leaders. Trust me I know. Wink

As for getting new staff, advertise positions vacant IC on our and other community forums. Arrange a night for prospective barmaids etc. to try out. Thus creating a tavern night/event in itself.

You might get some shady characters trying to get a job to skim the profits and then do a runner etc. etc. get other guilds involved and have some fun, as well of course as trying to get some new staff.

Try and contact inactive members who had barstaff and former Goblin employees to see if they want their job back. Please note I'm not trying to get you to poach from other guilds but the likes of Maccen Korten and Kalam Ravenscarr and others.

Even if they aren't playing as regularly as the once were see if you can arrange a one of quiz night or something. Kalam excelled at those.

Maybe contact Van and book a WillyFist gig? Again I dunno if Van is that active but I'm sure he'd help out with an event if it meant a gig for WillyFist.

Get on ICQ and MSN and speak to these guys and try and plan some events. Wink

Maybe host a recruitment stall in New Haven giving away free grog? Try and use the Goblin as a selling point for the guild rather than the army?

Hopefully these suggestions will give you chaps some ideas and good luck with the process. Also as Su-mi says, the community is in the post winter break blip so don't get too disheartened and at the end of the day Gwen Irima has been hosting tavern nights single handedly at the Trinsic Rose for years, so it is doable, though not ideal.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length