Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:00:30 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  The Covian Winter Banquet - In The Eyes Of Qom Riyadh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Covian Winter Banquet - In The Eyes Of Qom Riyadh  (Read 1855 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: January 21, 2007, 12:45:56 am »

Report co-written with Axiana, which pointed me few details that I might overlook

Ahh, a fine Banquet it was, me says... Everyone enjoyed it - our honorable Baron, all prominent Guests, the host, Watchman Eve, and me...

I would like to show ye all the preparations and the banquet from my point of view... To let ya all see what was needed for the banquet to take place at all, and to keep the memories for a long time (at least to the next banquet, me says...)

The Preparations

After my workshop was slightly rebuilt, I've met Axiana, an acquaintance of watchman Eve, which was to lead the preparations according to exact details left by the host. First, we needed some furniture, to see how it fits best in the banquet room.
After planning this and that, we get to the work.

Good that we have plenty o' wood in The Shire...

Crafting tables was quite easy, the hard things were still before us - placing them as watchman Eve had in mind...

I can't tell how many times I've had my fingers trapped between tables. Ouch!

After the tables were set-up (well, they weren't since Axiana changed her mind couple of times later...) time came to arrange seating places - we've choosen a nice Magincia-style throne for our Liege, and some fancy ornate elven chairs for his officers (no Drow were involved, no worries).

Don't get fooled easily, when Axiana smiles, it means "Hmm, it's good, but not perfect"

After this part of my job was done, I've decided to try some poetry - I was curious how it is to have so many people listen to every word you say... I've tried works of a man which name I don't remember, it was something like Touchingapples, or something similiar...

Covian version: "Two beers, or not two beers"

Finally, the day has come. Luckily Eve arrived quickly, as Ginger, our fine waitress, did. Ladies proposed, that the weather was good enough to set up a beverages bar outside the building, so I've quickly made some tables under the eye of Ginger which she placed here and there.

I hope that there was enough rum available

It was all set up, the only thing left was to watch for the first guests...
Ehh, I was so nervous...

3... 2... 1... Here We Go!
The Covian Winter Banquet

The fact that the Baron Octiovus von Richter was going to visit my home and workshop, was enough to keep me excited through all the evening. My nerves reached the top, when the Baron was the first to arrive, on his fine horse, Chelmsford...

Yay, Baron in my house! It's value increased 10 times at least...

When all most of invited Guests arrived, first course of meals and drinks was consumed. Then, after my short official welcome the entertaining program began.
Eve introduced me (dammit why I had to be first?) to present a poem called "Brotherhood". I think that its words were appropriate, even more recently, where we need to keep together to face the enemy.

Relax, take a deep breath. And don't even think about forgetting the text...

Next entertainer was Khaelieth, with couple of great tricks (which almost blewn my house into small pieces...). His assistant was Captain Hoagie Grayner, who happily agreed to help Khae during his show.

Khaelieth encourages Hoagie to assist him...

Calling someone a chicken gets a new sense for me now...

... Except it's a house of Qom Riyadh and he's got a brand new rug...

Don't say these words if closer than a mile to blackrock mines...

Next person to appear on-stage (or on-rug) was mister Vince Valentine, with a warm, romantic story of a couple of young people in search of each other... (successfully interrupted by two of our favourite you-all-know-who...)

I wonder if the word "love" means something more to Goblins than not stealing as frequent as always from someone...

Then, Snudrud and Smudrud proposed a game (well, it wasn't a game, because in game you have even the slightest chance to win). No matter the rules, Goblins fled with the money, therefore doing the most impressive thing this evening - they have gone. I would post a sketch of them, but someone have stolen it. Hmmm...

And then, Raiden Morana approached... With his incredible voice he sang a song entitled "Waterfall", which was a great joy to all present listeners. Even me, with a sense of rythm almost as good as an oak log has, quickly catched the tune and it still sounds in my head...

The last event of the Banquet was a boxing match. The bouts were as follows:
  • 1st fight: Vince Valentine vs. Hoagie Grayner [winner: Vince]
  • 1nd fight: Khaelieth L. K. S. Hawkins vs. Conan Darkmoon [winner: Conan]
  • 3rd fight (final): Vince Valentine vs. Conan Darkmoon [winner: Vince]

The stains will remain on the rug for ages...

The winner of this small tournament was awarded with a check for 5000 gold pieces!

Everything's good what ends well
So, that's it. The long preparations ended with an evening of joy, happiness and good fun. In the end Snudrud came back willing to fight a boxing match, but noone was eager to smash his face fight with him.

The sounds of party began to fade as people started to leave... I hope that you also gathered some nice memories of the party!

Now, who is going to clean up the mess?

Heads or Tails, Eve?

See you all on The Spring Banquet!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:09:44 am by Qom Riyadh » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:33:54 pm »

Ho! The work you two put in setting the place up and writing this report is as grand as the event was itself!

Good ter see Cove's common folk making such a contribution as this.

100 Shillings Awarded - Qom
100 Shillings Awarded - Axiana

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length