Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:34:18 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Alchemy Class Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alchemy Class Report  (Read 1868 times)
Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:43:24 pm »

Attending [no particular order]:

- Darath Mithar
- Calico Kate
- Lara Stevens
- Zoie Hayden
- Mat Shadowhand
- Tyrael Styx
- Kelly

My purpose in holding this short alchemy class was to teach some of our fine guardsmen how the intricate art of alchemy can provide them useful potions that are simple and easy to brew. Although initial turnout was quite low over time more people arrived and by the end there was a sizeable class, all of whom I am thankful for having attended.

We began with the normal safety precautions; aprons and gloves. Then, onto the first potion; a black liquid that enhances eyesight. Using carrots as a base - there is some truth to the old wives' tale that carrots are good for the eyesight - everyone tried to make this potion by combining the base with spider silk. A few successful potions were made, but some remained as silvery-orange goo - but practice makes perfect!

Next, there was a competition. I told all present that I wanted a single potion made from blood moss that should be blue, but left them to find this best. The prize was a complete keg of greater healing potions. After a short time, Miss Kate managed to brew an excellent potion. This was not before Mister Mithar thought the best course of action in brewing this potion to be throwing carrot, apple, both gloves and an apron into the pestle and mortar. Miss Kate went home with a full keg of potent healing potions.

Next came that which is probably most appealing; the explosive potions. These were, of course for reasons of safety and ease of manufacture, low power versions compared to the normal used by our liege's Grenadiers. Despite my assurances that they would not be explosive, some of the.... less talented members of the class decided that attempting to heat the potion would be a good course of action. I have provided sketches to illustrate that this is not the case. Following this, we moved out into the countryside to track down ettins and ogres to throw the potions at. Some were rather eager and used normal weaponry, which seems against the spirit of the class, but all in all the class proceeded well. Mostly.

Signed,
Ileana Leontine

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:08:57 am »

Ah yes, Alchemy! A noble art.

*Whispers:* I have a good amount of iron I could do with turning into gold... *shifty eyes* On the Baron's orders of course. *coughs*

Ahem!

75 Shillings awarded - Ileana Leontine

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Burgher.
A J TRADING

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length