Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:44:56 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  As the new roe is coming out.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: As the new roe is coming out.  (Read 3064 times)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:58:14 pm »

Please include the use of the ankh pendants bonuses that you can achieve. I recently was made aware some are using it, and as there is alot of grey areas in todays roe, please clearify on account of this. Thanks.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:39:05 pm »

Noted!

I'll raise it with my fellow GMs.

Can't actually believe people would stoop to such lengths to gain a bit of an edge.  Undecided

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:25 pm »

Yes technically = Magical Property. So wether its alowed or not is a no brainer.

No!
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:31:03 am »

We brought this up before and was decided the ahnk was fine because the edge was "Too small to matter"

- Marcus K

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:36:02 am »

More of a curve? What is this ankh?

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Maccen
The Huntsman
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

So... When am I getting paid?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 01:39:32 am »

The anhk pendants, check www.uoguide.com and search pendant or ahnks. Its like a plus 1 or 2 to certain atributes dependet upon the mantra spoken at the corespondent shrine.

Copyright Renee-Claude Dostie @ www.elfwood.com
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 03:32:01 am »

Its still a magical item, so s'not allowed. I'm sure what we meant was "It's not only illegal, but also so horrible that anyone who tries to gain an unfair advantage with it is a fool".

That said, they do make very sexy additions to the necks of all avatar-loving men and women. Just dont wear it into battle or we'll find you. Tongue

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 04:13:24 pm »

The bonuses allegedly last after the necklace has been removed so it's effectively impossible to police.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:04 pm »

Its is "mission impossible" to police, but the ankh itself is not illegal or banned (not yet in any case) or some such, just the method to "pray at the shrine" to gain magical properties for one real hour.
Park Su-mi
Miniature Maniac
Kiran's Gang
Covian Regular

Park Su-mi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 11:40:36 pm »

We (I'm the GM of Thf and a mouthy **** to boot) have a hard time with what we can write in the RoE, though. I'm not supposed to talk about specifics but we can't really write rules in the RoE that aren't enforcable. You just have to leave it down to the guild masters in good faith to try and educate their members and hopefully spot abusers with their own savvy.

[EDIT: Just a language tweak, nothing personal]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:20:44 am by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »

If not mentioned in the "united" roe perhaps every guild could/should mention it in their respective guild code of conduct and some such...
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 02:08:28 pm »

At the end of the day it has nothing to do with guild rules.
It's down to the individual, if the player needs to cheat to gain the upper-hand in PvP then they should still be shit enough at pvp to still get battered every single time they step foot into a pvp enviroment.
I highly doubt the necklace's buffs are going to be game breaking if one or two morons use them.

It is impossible to police.
Guilds can write a rule down, but still cannot police it.
If you didn't bring up this topic the vast majority of PvPers in the RP community wouldn't even know about the bloody buffs they give you, so if anything you've encouraged people to try out the buffs.

Rbl <3 Thf
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 02:27:36 pm »

At the end of the day it has nothing to do with guild rules.
It's down to the individual, if the player needs to cheat to gain the upper-hand in PvP then they should still be shit enough at pvp to still get battered every single time they step foot into a pvp enviroment.
I highly doubt the necklace's buffs are going to be game breaking if one or two morons use them.

It is impossible to police.
Guilds can write a rule down, but still cannot police it.
If you didn't bring up this topic the vast majority of PvPers in the RP community wouldn't even know about the bloody buffs they give you, so if anything you've encouraged people to try out the buffs.

You didnt read my post? It said I was aware some are already using it, and if nobody would bring this out in the open people who use it could just say "I didnt know it was unwanted behavior" or something just like that. At least now the majority of people will know they are doing something bannable when using said "exploit". And im sure many people who use it will stop and some wont even try it because it was raised in this manner and found unwanting in our community.

As always I dont see things your way Declan, and probably never will:P
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 02:37:19 pm »

The 'official' ruling on Ankh Pendants from the community GMs is that it's impossible to police so unfortunately it's not really practical to have a rule regarding them included in the RoE.

However I'd like to stress that BoC Command's stance on the matter is that this 'trick' should not be taken advantage of by our members.

Cheers,

Raiden.

*turns key*

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length