Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:09:15 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Character Profiles
| | |-+  Delfer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Delfer  (Read 1783 times)
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:09:03 pm »

Name: Delfer
Race: Human
Height: 5ft 10"
Hair: Light Brown
Home Town: New Haven
Parent's Home Town: Old Haven
Class: Craftsmen

Personality:   I'm a very hard working person. All my life I've had to work my hardest just to keep my family alive and that's toughened me up. I learned a lot as a child and was exposed to very strict discipline but I never folded under the pressure. I've worked for a living and shall continue to work under the rule of the Baron.

History of the Name: My name is Delfer. My name is the one thing about me that says the most about my character but also speaks of my brother as our names are so similar. I am Delfer and he's Delferium but there's a very strong reason for that.
I can remember my parents telling my brother and I about  a legend involving an elf named Delfarae. It went something like this:
there was once and elf named Delfarae. He fought many beasts including dragons, trolls and hordes of goblins in order to protect the simple craftsmen of his home village. The place was like New Haven but it was  an isolated place surrounded by woods and mountains. The people there worked very hard to supply each other with the goods they needed but to do so they needed to stray from the village to collect resources and the surrounding area was very dangerous. Delfarae would protect them relentlessly from harm day in and day out. He was a symbol of everything my parents wanted us to stand for, Valor, Courage, Honor, and Sacrifice. One faithful day he went into the lair of a very deadly giant that had been attacking the village for days. He fought the giant all night and all day. When things were looking grim he spoke elven words and lunged at the giant throwing them both over the side of the mountain. He could be seen falling with the Giant over the cliff from the village and as they were falling there was a flash of holy light that was brighter than anything ever seen before. The elf and the Giant were gone and never again did a villager die in the hands of a beast. No one knows what happened to the elf but some say that he can be heard speaking elvish in the woods when villagers come by.
Today I am named Delfer as to symbolize the Sacrifice of the elf and Delferium symbolizes the Valor, Courage and Honor of Delfarae hence the "ium" at the end meaning "Brave"

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length