Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:03:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Administration
| | |-+  Tournament Archives
| | | |-+  Eighteenth Tournament Results (January 2009)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Eighteenth Tournament Results (January 2009)  (Read 2420 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:31:51 pm »

Hosted by:
Raiden, Commander.

Attended by:
Hoagie, Mercenary Sergeant.
Torrak Keres, Mercenary.
Raven, Mercenary Recruit.

The inaugural Company Championship took place on the parade ground Sunday eve. Four of the Company's finest warriors battled it out in single combat for the honour of becoming the first ever Company Champion.

In the preliminary round each warrior fought against the other three, with the two warriors with most wins contesting the final and the two with the most losses competing for third place. First up was Keres versus Raven with the recruit somewhat surprisingly coming out on top. Next to fight were Sergeant Hoagie and Commander Morana with the Sergeant winning a close encounter.

The second round of fighting saw the Commander see off the Keres and Hoagie defeating Raven. Having already booked his place in the final Sergeant Hoagie had nothing the fight for in his final bout and just as well as Keres downed him with a hail of arrows. The other match was somewhat tenser with the winner joining Hoagie in the final. Commander Morana hit his straps to leave recruit Raven face down in the dirt and book his final place against Sergeant Hoagie who had already defeated him earlier.

The third place match and final were contested over three rounds. Raven again came out on top in his contest with Keres and in the first round of the final Sergeant Hoagie once again got the better of Commander Morana. In a close second round Raiden managed to just get the better of Sergeant Hoagie leaving fight in the balance. The winner of the final round would be crowned Company Champion.

Despite the cheers and jeers of the onlookers the Commander and Sergeant battled out a mammoth bout worthy of the tournament's first final. The advantage swung one way and then the other until Commander Morana downed Sergeant Hoagie with his maul to claim the title of Company Champion in a come from behind win.

Sketches of the first Company Championship.

The second Company Championship will take place one Sunday next month so watch out for it and enter for your chance to make history.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:48:54 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:03:08 am »

I heard this was going on but I was attending to some business plus I had the vision of archers not standing a chance. I wish I had seen the fights now. I'll probably be at the next tournament.

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23:49 am »

I think it was fair for all classes. I still took part, i didnt expect to win any!

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:10:20 am »

*Moved from the Company archives*

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length