Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:41:31 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  The Story of My Band, The Life of Riley... (not as dull as it sounds)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Story of My Band, The Life of Riley... (not as dull as it sounds)  (Read 4298 times)
Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:31 am »

This is a tale of a story that took place in the reflection of a single raindrop captured in the imagination of someone who might have existed. Nobody knows. A man about 6 feet short walked or some say idled into the rays of the sun, his name was once Riley, but everyone who was then and is no longer now has forgotten that.. To his friends foes and people of insignificance he is, Sam PJ.

In the rays of the sun, shone a thought floating on the wings of a feather, Sam cared for this thought until it grew into an idea, developed into and plan and matured into being. This thought had a name whispered by the four winds, The Life of Riley. Easy going as the legend whispered this “Life of Riley” needed three more components.

Sam slept on the idea, he drifted into a music inspired coma lasting 3 days 4 hours and as many minutes as you would care to imagine, in his tranquil minds eye he saw through eyes thrown shut, a man. Sam raised his hand, and in that instant the man, if that’s what it can be called, as none have ever seen its true self, crouched like a predator, played a sound so monumental that silence itself fled and never returned. Sam tamed the creature with his words and the now-man told his name, given to him before he can remember and that name will last into the memories of generations yet to come into thought, his name was Ollie.

After Sam’s coma of thought he new which path to take, it was one of many and Sam almost lost his footing but somehow Ollie was there to catch him, and in that second they were there, which is here and nowhere. Standing as straight as a needle, he sat in the shadow of the moon, on that moonless night. Until his true name was spoken he would be still and silent. Silence that could be broken by the answer to three questions spoken by the truest of the true. Sam and Ollie stepped forward and after a single question had won the name of the thing that would become the third in the line of four. Like the myths hadn’t dared to question, his name was Willy B.

Together, like the three Musketeers only more majestic than they, they marched towards the final part of the quest to…

Shhh! Silence!

The silence returned in fury that couldn’t be heard, the final being so lost within everything that he was everywhere at once, they stepped towards him but saw that he was nearer than they could have hoped, he had been with them always, just silent even when silence fled. They were finally one. The second Sam of the Life of Riley completed the number that is to carve a destiny that even the cheapest Fortune Teller couldn’t hope to create. Don’t forget them because they haven’t forgotten you..

They are The Life of Riley!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:10:15 pm by Anari/Gareck Hallows » Logged

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:49:29 pm »

A good read, but it might be better with some paragraphs breaking up. No-one likes to read a big blob of text. Wink

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:09:07 pm »

The greatest "Conflict" I have ever read. Its funny, entertaining, and really makes ya think.

And I agree with Octi..... break it up just abit.

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 02:11:05 pm »

EDIT:

Put in some breaks, thanks for the feed back - glad you like it ^_^

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:48:30 pm »

Nice! I liked it.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:59:59 pm »

Wow, this is awesome. It reminds me of the type of stuff that Douglas Adams put in Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy.

This was an excellent read!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length