Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:53:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Gate Duty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gate Duty  (Read 2623 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2005, 03:21:39 pm »

Around lunchtime on the 7th November;

Myself and Rupert Ridir established a gate watch to monitor the flow of visiters to and from our fair Cove.

Thanks to Della for her superb lunch, and Rupert's... Erm... Carrot decorations!

Our first visitor was Rankin Rodes, a travelling bard and treasure hunter exiting cove. Apparently on his way to seek fortune in our fair lands, he assured us he would slay a few orcs in his path, we allowed him to pass.

Watchman Olchafa Serprent addressed us shortly afterward, notifying us of some real estate that the militia needed to secure. We assured him that we would do our best to keep such land for the Militia.

Rankin Rodes shortly reappeared, claiming that our proseperous land had overburdened him with treasure! After a little convincing, we helped dear Rankin with his extra burden by extracting a small tax of 200 Gold Pieces!

Traffic grew slower, so Rupert and I extended the fort, adding a prisoner hold and an officer's chamber! We also thickened out the front walls, adding extra defence. Rupert's lumberjacking and carpentry skills came in quite useful as I set to work arranging the fortifications (despite a few "artistic differences")!

We also had the honour of Erik Arkay himself come and keep watch for a short while!

In all, a successful watch.

signed

-Urocus-

Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 04:12:51 pm »

Very impressive!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:06:56 pm »

*nods approvingly as he looks up the report* *scribbles something on a piece of paper and pins it underneath*

Well done recruit! Ye'll be watchman in no time!

*signed*
Watchman Delcarakdur

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Don Vito
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 06:08:06 pm »

Around 6 p.m. November 9
Me Don Vito
Karn
Judas
We set up a gate to patrol the entering and exiting of Cove.

As we stood there for about 30 minutes. Nothing interesting happened. A couple of Rabbits was spotted and that' about it. But if something did happend, without Judas, me and Karn would have had trouble.

But just incase men or animals came to threaten the great city of Cove. We had some interesting words from Judas.

We kept Cove safe for that part of the day. Thanks to Judas and Karn. FOR COVE!!!!!
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 07:13:27 pm »

A fine hunt again Recruit, keep up the good work!

Rupert
Swedish drunkard on patrol
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:37:53 pm »

I still think we could have made more fortification to the city walls while we were at it, there be enough boxes growing in the forest to supply a lifetime defenses of Cove. Har har...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length