Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:42:17 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Halloween Night!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Halloween Night!  (Read 1816 times)
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:25:31 pm »

A Halloween Night

'Twas a cold dark evening...  With just the waiter and entertainer for company, I was about to bolt up the banquet hall for the night, when a hoard of rowdy Vesperians turned up seeking immediate entertainment, most were dressed up in halloween style, parading around in ridiculous costumes (or was that their uniforms?)...

They were seated inside and chose from the menu, a selection of starters.  I brought to them their choices...

Vesperian: "This is disgraceful!  Look here! *Points to the soup*  There be a fly in my soup!"

Myself:  "Of course there is sir.  That be there for the halloween effect"

Vesperian:  "Oh, I see! *Looks down at the soup again*  Very impressive."

The starters are being enjoyed by all... In bursts their commander...

Esca:  "Fun Over.  Get yourselves back to Vesper for training!"

All but one Vesperian leaves.  'Twas actually quite a relief to see them go... What a rabble!  The Vesperian lady (who is obviously not wishing to attend the training) appears to be enjoying the company of the man whose face I know to be Mr Sterling.  They remain behind to enjoy the main meal!  In the mean time another gentlemen (guessing from his attire a duchy of trinsic man), joins the small party.  He wishes for nothing but an ale!

The Vesperian lady is later forced to guzzle down the remains of her food, since her superiors demand her attendance at the training, and she is soon to leave.  So I sit in between the two gentlemen and begin my Covian spooky tale...

Sterling: "Is this tale true?"

Myself:  "It is so sir"

Duchy Of Trinsic Man: "Does the child yet live?"

Myself: "She lives not now sir, but she lived to tell the tale"

I lead the gentlemen over to where the bonfire and firework display are to be held (the memorial park).  We are met by Mr K Valentine.  With lit torches we light the bonfire and huddle around it in refuge from the cold damp air.  The fireworks are set in motion and we watch in awe...

As Mr Valentine and I remain behind to see that the fire does nay get out of control, I am approached by a cloaked woman with greying skin, liken to that of a drow.  It could be a lady arriving too late for the festivities, dressing up in halloween style.  She beckons to me to see her mistress, why I then go with her I know not.  Mr Valentine warns me before I leave to be careful.  But I shall not write here of what was then to take place.  I shall write what is to follow elsewhere.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:51:08 pm by Axiana » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:35:19 pm »

80 Shillings Awarded - Axiana masteen!

Another fantastic party Miss Masteen! I'm only sorry I couldn't attend!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length