Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:59:10 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Gold diggin'!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gold diggin'!  (Read 2727 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:44:21 pm »

The task:

*You are to prospect the mountains of Cove in search of gold, reporting your findings below.

Conditions:

*This task may be completed only once per character.
*This is an entirely roleplay task, and you may choose to go about prospecting in whatever fashion you like! Perhaps you will ask the local miners if they've found any recently? Or maybe you'll take a more direct approach and pan the mountain streams or maybe even take up a pickaxe and start looking for yourself!

The reward:

*Shillings will be awarded on the quality of report and creativity involved.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:16 pm »

Gold eh? Something very, very close to my heart!

Well I'm well tutored in the art of extracting gold... by hook or by crook eh?

I packed my pick and my shovel and headed to a quiet spot in the Covetous mines. A gold vein indeed, hidden, and marked well by myself. *taps nose*

I filled my pack the the twinkling ore and  headed back to my forge where i burned off the impurities and hammered it into bars.

I then grabbed my sifter and tools and headed down to the lake where i worked hard to sift a pile of sparkling nuggets.

Again my pack full I returned home to deposit my gold into the Baron's coffers.

*signed flambuyantly*

Amon Jarl, Commoner.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 10:24:13 pm »

Good effort!

75 shillings awarded.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 02:26:40 pm »

Gold... When was the last time I saw gold?  Gold or turnips, if it helps me buy back my freedom I'll find it. 

I headed off to the mountains with some spare picks, staying well clear of the graveyard.  I hear it's haunted...

I got chased by an ettin but managed to hide in a cave.  As good a place as any, I started mining.  I found only common ores at first, and nearly left when I finally struck gold.  Mining as much as I could find, I walked out the cave...

Straight into the ettin.  Running as fast as I could with a pack of ore, I eventually lost it, and looked for somewhere else to mine.  I tried some spots on the outer face of the mountain and nearly got crushed by a boulder for my trouble.

I soon found another canyon and once again struck gold!  It must have been a thin vein, but I got some gold out of it. 

Feeling lucky, I tried some sifting but with no luck.  I returned to Cove, smelted my ore and ended up with 18 bars of gold.  I handed it in.  It'll be a long time before I see the fruits of my labours.  But at least I've started paying the debt off.

Signed,

Derfel Dagorian
Serf
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:20:02 pm »

Good work there.

75 Shillings awarded

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length