Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:11:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Make The Town Hall Ready (COMPLETE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Make The Town Hall Ready (COMPLETE)  (Read 2371 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2006, 03:47:32 pm »

The Task

Do ye hear that..?

That's the sound of Cove's common folk hard at it... at work i mean.

The Town Hall has been empty a while now and neglected.

Clear the cobwebs, weed the grounds, scrub the doorstep, repair any dodgey floor boards and that sort of thing.

Conditions

*This task may be completed only once per character.
*This is an entirely roleplay task.  Include a detailed report with plenty of pictures.

The Reward

Shillings we be awarded for the quality and imagination of the report.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 10:48:24 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Averion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:15:40 pm »

Well howdy doo!
Crappy town 'all eh? ....I mean....Fixer-upper!
Well this is how my great adventure started!

I decided to repair a broken floorboard that i had put my foot through! Eww i know!

After borrowing an axe from Hoagie i chopped some wood and placed them over the hole!

Hargh! good work eh?
Out of the corner of my eye i noticed a fleeing spider, running from my fierce hammer tap-Tapping! Squahed him and eradicated the cobweb he was shacked up in!

Grand work eh? *Wink*
Then sliiped on a disgusting bloody goo...thing! This was o'course seen to.

Please note that my cleaning buisness "The Magical Broomsticks" Is for hire; cleaning, Stocking, and decor are our main services!

*Signed* Yuli Yammen!
Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 08:22:52 pm »

Cleaning the town hall.

I woke up early this morning, Hoagie was still in bed so I decided to check the Citizen's jobs. I came across the one about cleaning the townhall and well, I clean up after Hoagie everyday I think I can clean a townhall!
Pulling on my work clothes (Don't want to get my Goblin uniform dusty) I head over to the old townhall which is rather creepy that early in the morning! As I opened the door I was hit with a cloud of dust and the smell of must lingered in the room.
But there was no time to waste and I started off cleaning all those nasty cobwebs in the corner of the room!

Giving the cobwebs a whack with my duster!

After cleaning the one corner perhaps the worst one in the building I wandered around the room doing the rest of them. There was no problems until..I saw a giant spider with huge red eyes! I was brave however and whacked it with my duster, I didn't scream or cry.. no siry!

A huge spider! Look at its beady red eyes!

After that horrible ordeal was over I got 'The Mop' from the goblin and began to mop the floor. All was going well until Qom came in dragging mud all over the floor! So I had to re-do it.

I'll get you next time Qom!!

While I was re-mopping the floor the ground began to shake almost knocking my bucket over and swallowing a lump in my throat I peeped outside the door. A HUGE troll was standing there! It roared viciously at me and I yelled for help, but no one heard. As brave as I am (or dumb) I brought up my mop and began battling the huge troll until it dropped dead! I wasn't seriously injured however my arm seems to hurt  a lot when I try use it. After it died, then help came.

Die hideious troll.

After slipping the mop away and giving my battered arm a small massage I got back to work in weeding the garden in front of the town hall. Oh how weedy the poor Poppy's were and it took quite a while to get them all out!

Damn weeds making the gardens ugly.

After that there was not much else to be done except the windows and filling the braziers with coal. There were a few holes in the floorboards but i've never been much of a wood worker, would ruin my soft skin! Grabbing a large bag of coal from the provisoners store I set back to the townhall and began carefully putting the pieces in the braziers.

Burn baby burn!

And finally, the windows they were SO grubby they turned my cloth black and I wasn't very pleased! However now they sparkled as the sunshines and I think everyone will be pleased with the results.

Sparkly clean!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 08:45:27 pm »

Yuli awarded 40 Shillings

Teagan awarded 75 Shillings Fantastic report lass!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length