Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:14:35 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The translation of the name Kazuo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The translation of the name Kazuo  (Read 2194 times)
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:43:37 am »

http://www.babychatter.com/japaneseboysnames.html

Gheh, I absolutely love it! I always thought it means Honest or Trustworthy one but this is even better. I'm sure plenty of you (who've known Kazuo for a while) will get the irony of this.

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 11:17:14 am »

Great to see that some of us are using Japanese names in a game that isn't even set in Japan.  Put the anime books away, this is Ultima Online.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:41:12 pm »

Quality!
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:42:51 pm »

Conan, what do you think Tokuno is? and btw, this is RP, you don't have to be from a european nation to RP. And, the Katana (a Japanese sword) has been in UO for years.
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:53:18 pm »

Conan, what do you think Tokuno is? and btw, this is RP, you don't have to be from a european nation to RP. And, the Katana (a Japanese sword) has been in UO for years.
The Barony of Cove isn't set in Tokuno, is it?  Interesting to see that some of us are willing to go to great lengths just to be seen as different.  I'll wager that the similarities of Cove and the Dark Ages are far more connected than Tokuno and Feudal Japan. 
Ravati
Banned by Shadwell
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 01:05:48 pm »

I don't live in Japan either, still there are enough people in my neighborhood who have japanese names.

So, the BoC isn't set in Tokuno. Does that mean that you just accept people who live in Cove? No "Japanese people" allowed? I was thinking of joining BoC, but I don't live in Cove either, and I've got a Hebrew name, guess I can forget about joining now!
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 01:11:15 pm »

"We're not simply a one concept guild. We're not just a Militia, or a bunch of peasants. We have many interwoven concepts, which means there is always something for every style of player.

Whether it be a simple Peasant, corrupt Merchant, or battle hardened Militia guardsman, all are welcome to partake, and have fun!"

-Taken directly from the BoC home page. We are open to all sorts of roleplay, the main thing is fun. The only race limited by BoC rules is Drow. I don't see the problem of playing differnet styles of charaters.
Moraine DiGoraz
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 01:25:05 pm »

Kazuo Shinrai was spawned in another guild. He originates from the Kotodama Clan, a guild that roleplayed being samurai and we lived in Nihon. A Japanese settlement in Yew (an intitution like Stonekeep among the oldschool roleplayers on Europa). During a series of plotlines involving the Baronship of Cove Kazuo then defected. Had you taken the interrest or efford to find out then you would know this, other than that I suggest you keep your judgements to yourself.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:33:28 pm by Moraine DiGoraz » Logged

qom_riyadh
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 01:29:14 pm »

Well, this time I won't agree with you, Conan...

As I've said some time ago, Cove is a bunch of immigrants. Despite what I think of Kazuo/Moraine Juul OOC, I think that IC such characters add alot of diversity and fun to the game.

Not to mention who was the owner of Fido's Sushi house... Wink

What I want to say:
People - relax and don't bring your OOC dislikes into IC.
On the other hand I don't really care about what 'Kazuo' means, I also don't care about who is he IC, as long he doesn't bother Qom... Wink
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37:17 pm »

Qom shat his pants last time he saw Kazou.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Moraine DiGoraz
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 01:39:17 pm »

Roight, this thread is gathering too much animosity.
*takes out the padlock*
Yup yup, locked it shall be.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length