Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:40:10 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trials: Saerandir
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trials: Saerandir  (Read 3507 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2018, 09:17:03 pm »

Watchman Trials: Saerandir

Greetings, Watchman! Word has it you are due your Watchman’s trials. Aiming for the Covian Cap, are you? Well let’s see how you get on with these…

Task One: Waking in the Wilderness

You guessed it, Watchman. I hereby give you a long and treacherous task. Into the wilderness with you. You are to plan a trip to a location far from Cove for an overnight stay. You must carefully plan tasks that you will carry out whilst there such as patrols and activities.

Requirements:

*You may choose your location. However, it must be not be in Cove, Minoc, Vesper or Yew.
*At least four other guardsmen must assist and accompany you on your trip.
*You and your men must build your own overnight camp and prepare your own food with the resources available around you.
*You must camp at the location overnight.

Task Two: Bagball Barmy

Time to get to know our men and our allies in a more relaxed environment. Let’s show people some Covian spirit! You ever heard of bagball, lad? If not, I’d get your research head on. I want you to hold a proper, real bagball tournament.

Requirements:

*If you are uncertain about what this is or how it works, a part of your task will be to organise this and acquire the appropriate knowledge.
*You must invite other guilds (within reason and within the rules of the current climate) to join you to form your teams.
*You must provide food and drink for spectators at your tournament. You never know when the Baron might drop by. He did at my last one!

Task Three: Patrolling Perfection

As your final task, I want you to lead a series of three patrols. These do not have to take place consecutively or in any particular order. However, each patrol must be to a different place of your choosing (Examples: The orc fort, the graveyard and brigand hunting up in Altmere). This will develop your leadership skills and show your officers what you can do.

Requirements:
*A minimum of two guardsmen must assist you for each patrol.
*A minimum of 10,000 gold pieces must be gathered from each patrol and donated to the coffers.

A full report for each task and any research and planning included must be posted below. Good luck to you, Watchman! You're going to need it..

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:50:49 am by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:26:14 am »

Thank you Ma'am.  I will ensure these are done well and will get planning on them.

*signed*

Saerandir.
Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 11:03:26 am »

First patrol to Wrong.

http://cove.sugeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=16110.msg101875#msg101875
Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 09:35:40 pm »

Picnic in Britain Maze

Patrol leader - Watchman "Sally" Saerandir

Attendees -

Captain Raiden Morana
Junior Scout Leith Keres
Watchman Garshinkle
Watchman Sheriam Palmer
Untrusted Watchman Tinglieth
Guardsmen Recruit Elliot Tyrell

Gold gathered 11470.

Walking in the wilderness with an overnight camp somewhere far from Cove. Well Britain is far from Cove and the Maze is further than that. I was quite certain we could camp there overnight and possibly find some food along the way. I brought with me a trusted packhorse to carry the bedrolls we would need and some other equipment just incase. I let everyone know we needed to gather food and what happens to the first food item we come across? It gets stomped all over. A field of pumpkins that could have formed part of a stew kicked to smithereens. Well we're going to starve then.

We carried on round a few more bends following Gar's wisdom that we should only turn left. Which worked for a time until we came to several dead ends. After this we stumbled upon a beehive. Honey at least that is a food. Although Gar decided he would eat all the honey himself and left the rest of us trying not to be stung by the swarming bees.

From there things got worse as people decided to follow their own directions and run off in random directions. This led to us needing to stop every so often to wait for people to find everyone again. Thankfully we stopped by some fruit trees so were able to gather those to eat.

Slowly we made our way to the middle battling bridge trolls and an increasing amount of Imps. When we reached the middle we were faced with demons and I herded the group inside a house which seemed to offer some safety seeing as it had an iron gate and a door. Inside we saw a table laid out and all kinds of food on offer so we settled in to spend the night. Only Gar had left a window open when visiting the Outhouse inside and an imp managed to sneak in and killed the packhorse.  It was soon followed by some of its friends and we found the house wasn't safe after all.

I decided we should go outside and tackle some more demons before we made our way out again and back to the moongate.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 12:28:50 pm »

Good progress, Watchman!
Can't wait to see the finish line for you!

*Signed*

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:36:49 pm »

Patrol through Honesty

Leading - Watchman Saerandir

Attending -
Grenadier Corporal Keres
Watchman Sheriam Palmer
Watchman Recruit Rook
Guardsman Recruit Aralin Eroecia

After Sheri had gathered her required amount of arrows she handed the line over to me so I could lead a patrol to gather another 10,000 gold. We passed through the dungeon which offered little more than a few skeletons in some rather fanciful rooms. It appeared as an entire village underground that was now full of its dead citizens. We passed a crafting room with tables full of arrows and stacks of ingots. A possible source of materials for future patrols. The skeletons offered us little resistance so we went in search of something bigger.

Out and into the open air we then faced Juka and their gollum contraptions left wandering from Blackthorn's time we hacked them down quickly including their golden counterparts. From here we followed the road killing imps and other such creatures as we made our way finally to the shrine and back safely to Cove.

Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 10:25:47 pm »

Final patrol for perfection.

Patrol objective - to gather perculiar seeds for Miss Axiana and to gather 10,000 gold.

Patrol leader - Watchman Saerandir

Attended by -

Regular Grenadier Kobra
Untrusted Watchman - Tinglieth

Previous to organising this patrol Miss Axiana gave me a piece of her delicately made chocolate which was very delicious. She explained to me what went into making it and I promised her my help in securing either sugar or the means for her to harvest sugar. I spent a while searching out where I would be able to find the seeds for the needed plants and then organised that my next patrol would lead us to that destination.

Our target was the Kappa which reside in Tokuno. I recalled from previous patrols to this area that the Kappa's blood was acidic and standing in it for too long would damage us. I think before we began using polished armour we had several fall just from the blood but now thanks to our craftsmen and women we found the Kappa to be little trouble to our small patrol.

We quickly dispatched several of the strange turtle like creatures and found the majority of them carried some kind of seed. Several laps around the small lake had our bags full of both gold and seeds of which I happily handed over to Miss Axiana.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 11:08:02 pm »

One more task, Watchman!
Good job! Let's see this done.

*Signed*

John Dell:

John Dell:
Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 10:43:00 pm »

Bagball Barmy

Led by Saerandir.

Covians attending -

Cadet Officer - Leanna Melior
Junior Grenadier - Avalynn Vale
Watchman - Tinglieth

Yewish attending -

Captain Radek Wilkes
Corporal Borgio
Rookie Guardsman Sward
Trainee Osgar

Spectators -

Rookie Marksman Kayleigh Shaw
Lady D'Gar
Footman Art
Scout Vaughn Goodwill

With the help of Miss Vale and the food and drink supplied by Carolin Argon I managed to organise a game of bag ball in the Covian fields. I had never witnessed a game of bagball before so I had no idea what to expect. I let those who came pick their own teams which turned into a three a side match. They chose white and blue for their respective colours and the teams were a mix of Cove and Yewish players to keep things fair friendly.

The first few rounds played out well but as the game continued so the insults started and I had to issue a yellow card to the Yewish Borgio who kept insulting my eyesight. I then realised it was a ruse to change the size of their goal which brought on another round of insults. I almost issued a red card but he waved a crossbow and I didn't fancy my chances.

After the first half a fight broke out just as we were sitting to eat. Tingle "TitsMcgee" and Miss "Brazenlass" Melior's insults grew out of hand as they began to tear chunks out of each other. Quite literally as clothing began to fly and hair was pulled. I had to avert my eyes as they were both exposed at the chest. Captain Wilkes supplied me with a sketch of the action as I was in no mind to draw. Miss Vale had to shoulder bash them apart as they were intent on tearing other items of clothing from each other.

Finally things calmed down and after some food and drink another round of bagball was played. In the end the white team was triumphant scoring 10-4.

After the match we all returned to eating and drinking which was carried on into the tavern where songs were song and a good evening was had by all.

Well almost all.

*signed*
Watchman Saerandir
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:10:02 pm by Saerandir » Logged
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 05:50:51 am »

5 Shillings awarded to Carolin Argon.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 09:56:38 am »

Impressive work Watchman!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 11:49:39 am »

Good job, Watchman!
That concludes your trials. I have submitted your name to the Baron for the grand list.
We'll have to wait and see.

*Signed*

John Dell:

John Dell:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length