Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:07:31 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Dragoon Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  Dances with Ogres
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dances with Ogres  (Read 2348 times)
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 11:29:00 am »

3rd of June, Evening

Watchman Zoie Hayden, Dragoon Recruit
Watchman Jakob D'Stoke, Dragoon Recruit

I was just about to start my Recruit Cadre when my partner Jakob informed me that our mentor Sergeant Hoagie had ordered us to carry out a task at our earliest convenience. So, as soon as my cadre was complete, Jakob and I plopped on our helmets, armed up, and made our way to Despise; the only place we knew of where we would find a Lord of ogres.

We were rather nervous about the task given us; to extract a tooth as a trophy from a dead Ogre Lord. We both knew the stories of such a beast and how hard it can be to take one down; especially one in it's own lair with possibly countless lesser ogres as guards. But we are to be Dragoons someday and such impossible tasks are expected of us, and to an extent, even beneath us!

With that in mind, we arrived at the dungeon entrance and made our way inside. We chose to take the steps downward and from there ran as hard as we could to get past the Ettin and Elemental guards. We made it to the second set of stairs down without incident and descended.

On the third level of the dungeon, we ran into all sorts of monsters including Trolls and Ogres, which were no match for the two of us. We killed more than a few as we made our way deeper, headed for a place Sir Hoagie had suggested as to where we might find the Lord.

Before we knew it, we came face to face with the Ogre Lord. Having dispatched his guards beforehand, it was just him against us. He charged at us right away, and Jakob quickly suggested we use a skirmishing technique to so as not to be easy targets for his large mace, to which I agreed. For the next few minutes, we ran circles around the beast, cracking and stabbing him as we passed, sometimes receiving a knock in return. We could see him begin to wear down as blood streamed from his wounds and tired from the constant chase; not to mention Jakob's constant banter which would sap any enemy's morale to fight!

Before long, we had the upper hand as the tired and wounded Ogre fell onto some rocks and was only barely able to defend himself. We wasted no time in finishing off the beast and were flush with victory and confidence.

As soon as the life left it's body, Jakob carved out one of the Ogre's molars as a trophy of our victory and we left the dungeon as quickly as we had come in. After making our way back home, we brought the tooth to Sergeant Hoagie who congratulated us and took it to place in the Dragoon display case.

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden
Watchman

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:16:43 pm »

Excellent! Very good indeed.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner,
Dragoon Sergeant

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 05:23:57 pm »

Great action sketches there, Zoie.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length