Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:48:32 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Dragoon Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  Dragoon Quest: Zoie Hayden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dragoon Quest: Zoie Hayden  (Read 3924 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:14:30 pm »

Dragoon Quest
    Zoie Hayden

During your training you will be assesed on various areas we feel make up a Dragoon, for details on these traits please read the Code of Conduct, you'll be required to follow these as any other
    Dragoon would if you wish to make it into our ranks.

All topics covering your progression through your Dragoon training will be posted here to track your progress.

====================

Task 1
    Discipline

Discipline is the most important trait of any soldier, and as a Dragoon, you'll be required to not only uphold the reputation of the squad, but set an example to the rest of the Army! As a display that you're capable of setting this example, you're to lead a parade drill, followed shortly by a fitness training.

• These events must be lead in quick succession, ie one directly after the other.

• The parade drill should cover every point in the Parade Drill guide.
    • The fitness training should be based around a series of tasks.
    • At least 6 guardsmen should attend these events.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:24:46 pm by Hoagie » Logged

*Signed*
    Hoagie Grayner, Commander
    ⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Zoie Hayden
    Dragoon
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Veteran

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:11:40 pm »

Task One: Discipline

Guardsmen in attendence:
    - Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
    - Dalamar, Regular Scout
    - Tyrael Styx, Junior Grenadier
    - Sean Greyson, Recruit
    - Moran Altheim, Recruit
    - Drydan Novak, Recruit (Left after the drill)

On Sunday, I gathered the required number of guardsmen onto the roof of the barracks, and explained to them our task. Not one of them complained or even flinched when I said we'd be doing a parade drill immediately followed by a fitness training session. Good old Covian endurance!

Parade Drill

To begin, I gave the men present a standard, yet comprehensive parade drill. First I went over the basic parade commands; Sound and Number off, and arming commands for example. I then explained how good a parade looks when directional commands are carried out swiftly and simultaneously, and had the guardsmen practice them.

Then I went on to explain battle formations, including the Box formation (which the guardsmen performed flawlessly), and battle targetting. I made a point to go over commands that might be given to an individual squad and instructed them what to do if they were not part of that squad.

All the guardsmen did very well and were very alert during the entire drill. We were not done however and instead of dismissing the troops as was customary after a drill, I ordered them downstairs.

Fitness Training

Once we were all lined up downstairs in front of the barracks, I ordered the guardsmen to remove their armour and prepare for physical exhaustion. I had set up three seperate tasks to train their bodies and explained to them that each task would be revealed as we went along.

The first task I set to the men as a warm-up was to run four laps around the barracks. Not only did they have to run though, I had them retrieve a stone on the back side and return it to the front, at my feet, for every lap.

By the time the men were finished, I had a neat little pile of stones and they were sufficiently warmed-up. So we immediately went onward to task number two!

For the second task, I took the men on a tour of the Baronship's Headquarters of the three main squads. At each HQ, I had them do a different exercise which not only trained their bodies, but also served to help them remember the precise location of each HQ much more easily.

Once we were finished with our exercises at the Grenadier HQ, I ordered the guardsmen to jog swiftly back to the barracks and line up. They were still eager for more, so I prepared a task that would use every ounce of strength and stamina they had left.

For my third fitness task, I set up two points 30 yards apart and a very heavy pile of hides. I then instructed the guardsmen that they would each in turn lift and carry the pile of hides from one point to the other. Each man did very well and was able to complete the task, though many wobbles and droplets of sweat were seen. Regular Dalamar even came up with a clever way of dealing with the awkwardness of the hides by tying his sash around them.

Being exhausted and having completed both the drill and the three fitness tasks without so much as a groan, I dismissed the guardsmen and directed them straight to the pub.

*Signed intricately*
    Zoie Hayden
    Officer Cadet

Hoagie
    Cove Command
    Administrator
    Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:25:48 pm »

Task 2
    Combat

A hugely important aspect of Dragoon life is to be at the top of your fighting ability. It's what the Dragoons are known for, and if you're going to become one of us, you need to keep up the trend! To show that you can bash along with the best of them, lead a hunt to retrieve the hand of a Succubus and 10,000 coins!

• At least five other guardsmen should attend this event!
    • A sum of 10,000 coins must be brought back from this hunt.

*Signed*
    ⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Zoie Hayden
    Dragoon
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Veteran

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:44:54 pm »

Task Two: Combat

Guardsmen in attendance:

- Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
    - Demarian Tel'var, Senior Grenadier
    - Eve, Grenadier Officer Cadet
    - TYrael Styx, Junior Grenadier
    - Mercy, Watchman
    - Patience, Guardsman Recruit
    - Kal Shadowhand, Church Servant

Having hired the Scouts a few days before, they reported back to me that I would find a Succubus deep within the dungeon of Blood. Although terrified a bit apprehensive about what a dungeon called "Blood" would contain, I gathered as many fit guardsman as I could. We all had wounds from the battle just previous, but most of the guardsmen were still fit for duty.

As I lined them up and explained the destination and that there was a hard battle ahead, Senior Demarian, in his own special way, assured us that it would be a cake walk. So, with Watchman Mercy's assitance, we quickly arrived in front of the gates of Blood, ready for a fight.

We easily cleared out the undead guards outside and descended a dark staircase to arrive in a large, musty room made of black stone with a strange statue in the middle.
    Once our eyes had become accustomed to the darkness, I ordered the guardsmen forward to begin our hunt. No sooner had we set off than we spotted a very large, but faint, glow of gold. Before we had a chance to debate what it might be, it moved on us. Before long, we all realized we were being assaulted by a Slayer! Not only that, but this was a Slayer with golden skin; many times more powerful!

It doesn't need to be said that my current leadership skills were no match for this kind of monster, and many of us were knocked before we even knew what hit us. Luckily the more experienced guardsman managed to escape the dungeon and were able to revive us. It was then Senior Demarian offered his extensive experience and I happily accepted. First, he took off his armour and told us to meet him back inside in a few minutes, as he had an idea.

After a few minutes, we cautiously went back inside the dungeon, not knowing how much of Dem would be left. We were pleasantly surprised to find him unhurt and were informed that he has led the Slayer away so we could regroup and try a tactic called "The Arkay Manouever". Demarian told everyone where to stand and what to do. Then he ordered Junior Tyrael to lure the Slayer back to our formation.

When the golden beast finally arrived, Ty quickly pushed past us into the back and he, Patience, Kal, and Mercy threw everything they had at it while the rest of us kept the Slayer away from them. It took a very long time, but eventually we brought the horror down and I carved out it's tooth as a trophy.

After we slayed the Slayer, we took a moment to breathe and discuss what to do next. A few people we so tired out after the battle, that they had to leave; and although Sergeant Hoagie said the Slayer would give me enough credit to pass the task, I wasn't satisfied that I'd properly shown my abilities as a leader. So the remaining guardsmen and I decided we'd carry on and find that succubus.

We travelled through a couple corridors killing the odd daemon and hellcat until we came to a large cavern. It was there we finally saw the succubus, standing facing us as if she expected us all along. We formed up and charged the harlot and brought her down easily. No one was affected by her tempting spells. But as I set about cutting off her hand, we were immediately attacked by her sisters and eventually what seemed to be her mother; a golden skinned succubus.

With much difficulty, we retreated from the dungeon and made it out without any significant casualties.

We all met up back at the barracks and our take was 6,500 gold coins in total (the Sergeant assured me this was enough to pass the task considering our handling of the Slayer). I gave 1,500 coins to each of the remaining guardsmen who stuck it out to the end as a reward.

Trophies Taken:

Tooth of a Golden Slayer
    Hand of a Succubus

*Signed*
    Zoie Hayden, Officer Cadet

Hoagie
    Cove Command
    Administrator
    Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 12:01:52 am »

Task
    Brotherhood

The Dragoons are not only in the same squad, but are also brothers in arms. Fellow Dragoons should be held in higher esteem than the other guardsmen, and so you must cement your relationship with the Dragoons!

Organise something fun for you and the Dragoons to do to learn more about eachother and build up their friendship.

*Signed*

Zoie Hayden
    Dragoon
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Veteran

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:56:34 pm »

Task #3: Brotherhood

Guardsmen in attendence:
    - Flina Trix, Junior Dragoon
    - Jakob D'Stoke, Junior Guardsman (Aspiring Dragoon)

What better way to get to know my future fellow dragoons than to take them all out on a camping trip! After I lined up the few dragoons that turned up, and checked that they had their bedrolls, we set off.
    I had chosen a clear spot deep in the Covian forests near the graveyard and led the dragoons to it. When we arrived, I started assembling logs, kindling, and grasses into a neat pile. I then lit the fire and the center of our camp was established.

We all then decided to sit down on the two large logs that flanked either side of the fire, and I began passing out the food. I had brought mostly vegetables, some stew and tomato soup that Hoagie and Flina weren't keen on, so they killed a nearby harpy and we roasted it instead.
    While we waited for the bird to cook and my stew to heat up, Sergeant Hoagie and Flina began bickering about Avatar knows what. They discussed bedrolls, Flina's love life lives, and Hoagie's peach fuzz robust beard.

It was getting dark quickly though and that meant only one thing: Ghost stories!
    Jakob set the mood by reciting a dark, but sweet poem about death which we all loved.

Then it was Hoagie's turn. He began his tale of a soldier haunted by mysterious sounds at his door in the dead of night. When the soldier plucks up enough courage to check behind the door, he is scared out of his skin! As spooky as the tale was, the ending was far scarier.

When he had finished, I recited a true tale I'd heard spoken of late. It was about a Countess called Ezmerelda who was brutally murdered after moving to Cove with her husband; except she didn't know it. She was dead, but had no idea and wondered why everyone she spoke to ignored her, including her own husband. Now she is doomed to wander The Shire somewhere between life and death willing others to see her and help her.
    When I'd finished my tale, we suddenly noticed an eerie sight in the woods! A hazy image of a lady clad all in white accompanied by a strange sound. We all saw it and it had to be Ezmerelda!

After we settled down after seeing such a sight, Jakob told a story that he was reminded of, of an elderly farming couple called the Cutters. Mr. Cutter suddenly became ill and died leaving his widow to care for the farm herself. But when the Baron came to repossess the land that a mere elderly woman couldn't hope to maintain, she sent him off confident she could. Soon a teenage couple were necking on the farm and were frightened to death when a skeleton riding a plough complete with oxen shoo'd them away. The farm has since produced the best turnips in Minoc and the lady Cutter always has a twinkle in her eye.

After Jakob's story, dawn was long past and we packed up our supplies and headed back to the barracks. All in all it was a great intimate trip and we all know each other a little bit more.

*Signed*
    Zoie Hayden, Officer Cadet

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
    Banned for profanity on command forums
    Cove Command
    Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:31:28 pm »

The Arkay Manouvre eh?

Poetry in motion!

Hoagie
    Cove Command
    Administrator
    Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:45:23 pm »

Grand! All tasks handled excellently, an' all reports presented nicely!

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

*Signed*

Pages: [1] Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length