Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:03:20 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Great Roadworks Of Cove!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Great Roadworks Of Cove!  (Read 2181 times)
Izzy
Mistress of the Nine Hells
Covian Veteran

What a deliciously dark night, Lets make pancakes!

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2005, 02:07:37 am »

Calling all citizens and peasants in need of work!

We need builders, architects, carriers and carpenters.  Not to mention hands to help haul and place the roadworks of Yew.  Plans are being worked on now for a great roadway from the gates of Cove, to the city of vesper and the moongate as well as other key points for trade routes.

If you're interested, leave your name and a contact piegon under this notice!

Izzy

Sure you might be laughing at me, but it's your time I'm wasting!
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 04:17:23 am »

*Gasp!*
A HUGE undertaking, but a marvellous one. I definitely support and stand by plans such as these that shall help to develop commerce and trade in Cove.

Gregor Eason, Retired Officer
Baronship Of Cove
Izzy
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 01:54:21 pm »

As a preliminary, I've drawn up what I believe to be the 'ideal' position of the road, avoiding places of evil and yet still being as direct as possible.  Please note, this is an 'ideal' and thus may not be fully practical due to houses or other buildings already placed. 

Any ideas, additions or subtractions will all be listened to and most welcome.  I notice no ones offered to help yet, come on folks, we all have to pull together if we're going to make Cove a city to be proud of!

Izzy

Gregor Eason
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 04:25:04 pm »

That main road to Vesper and Minoc looks rather daunting. But the other Roadlinks look definitely attainable, first to construct I'd say.
We'd have to gather considerable supplies and resources to construct these roads, however. I would be thinking somewhat in the ranges of five thousand logs, and two thousand ingots for just that Sub Road North. Not to mention the construction process itself, which would be slow and arduous.

Of the roads to the Sea and to the Baronship Household (identified as the Church, Barracks, and Inn on the map); are these entirely necessary? As the fisherfolk of Cove most notably use the Docks as their main point of work; and the Baronship Household is in such close proximity that a road would perhaps constrict the little space there already is around there.

However, the Sub Road North definitely is a road that should be put into service; allowing perhaps for a check point midway, just west of the graveyard - also acting as perhaps an entry point to Cove?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 04:27:51 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Izzy
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 11:56:47 am »

Perhaps the Sea road and the road to to the Baronship might be a little overzealous, but I was considering a comment someone made about the trip to the church being a little dangerous for the average peasant.  The sea road was more for folk without boats that would wish to fish off the coast, rather than in our port.  But likewise unless the fisherfolk speak up, this one can be put on hold.

As for starting with the sub road north, that could be a good idea, laying out onto the main road, although we'd have to consider the moongate road as well in our initial set up.  The Main Road to Vesper/Minoc is something I would like to undertake regardless of the cost in the long run.  As if we're truthful, that is the way most people will walk to and from the moongate, making the subroad north only for those wishing to 'walk' from the northern provinces rather than take the moongate travel.  The sub road however would be a good practice so that by the time we come to the main road, we know exactly what we're doing.

Any thoughts from people that might be able to supply us with iron ingots or logs?  I know the barbarians of the north are willing to trade logs for ingots, so perhaps if we get several miners together they'd be able to produce both without ever lifting an axe?

Izzy

Izzy
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 01:18:15 pm »

I wish to discuss a trade offer we've had from the Barbarians.  They are willing to trade logs for ingots at the value of 5 logs per 1 ingot.  To do this however we'd need the miners to get us the ingots.  Anyone interested in working for the greater good of cove please send me a piegon on 96381929 to discuss terms of work/pay and so forth.  Come on miners lets get this thing going!!

Izzy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length