Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:54:46 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Tip for a really nifty and useful internet service
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tip for a really nifty and useful internet service  (Read 1251 times)
Graum Trolle
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:41:57 pm »

Ahoy there!

I just figured I'd share something that I just came across last week and that has made me very happy. Dropbox is a great service that gives you 2gb free online storage space, more then enough for another 13 years of UO reports and screenshots. Whats really cool though is how it handles the files, as its all done with a little program that integrates with Windows, so rather then using FTP programs or such to upload pictures, or things like imageshack, you just drop the files in a specific dropbox folder on your harddrive and it syncs it with the storage for your dropbox account. You can then simply right-click a file and there is an option to copy the public link to that file which can be easily added to a report or whatever. All very nice and nifty.

Dropbox

A great tip for anyone taking and hosting lots of screenshots. Smiley
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:33:26 pm »

That's excellent! I use a .mac account at work which gives you 50gb for £60 a year so this for home is great! It's much easier than using FTP or imageshack etc which eventually lose/remove images.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »

I want your sig Faden! Gief meh!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length