Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:21:26 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Covian fun night
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Covian fun night  (Read 3110 times)
Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:29 pm »

This evening I ran my first Covian fun night.  Something that I hope will become a reoccuring event each week.  I was a little disappointed at the turn out but as I did not advertise the event much in advance it was to be expected.

I therefore used the time to put to test a game that hopefully next time will be played out on a larger scale.  It is a variation on the scavenger hunt.

I started off by explaining the rules of the game to everyone and made sure they all understood.  I also gave them the choice of working as part of a team or alone.  It seems everyone was in a competitive mood as they all chose to work on their own.  Once a return time was decided the game was on and everyone dashed off in their seperate ways to start gathering the items.

All too soon the time was up and they all began to return to the barracks with their items in hand or tow.  Spud turned up at this time so I asked him to help me judge the items against the descriptions.  There were some very intuitive ideas as to what descriptions the items could fullfill.  With some of the most impressive coming from Miss Maibaum.

All the points were counted up and ended up in a tie with Miss Penny and Miss Maibaum both winning with an impressive 38 points.  They both won 500 gold and an extra 30 shillings each.

Lead by - Aliryl Trefynwyd

Attended by -

Elizabeth Martin - Mercenary
Thomas Aylmer - Mercenary Recruit
Spud Goodsoup - Commoner
Penny Freckletip - Commoner
Maibaum Holzfee - Commoner
Lyra Sternsucher - Commoner
Abigail Keres - Mercenary Recruit

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:31:27 pm »

Gah!

I miss all the fun...

*walks off muttering about paperwork*

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 06:10:08 am »

Next time im THERE!
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:27:49 pm »

Ah, last night sure was fun Aliryl, thank you for arranging the event and I look forward to many more in the future.

I was a little late but I am glad I was able to partake in the end.

Perhaps next time there will be more advertising and more shillings and prizes rewarded to help pull the folk in.

This report mentions each winner getting an extra 30 shillings, how many shillings does everyone else get?

Signed,
Spud Goodsoup

Aliryl
Dead Elfie
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 06:06:14 pm »

I believe it was decided on 30 shillings for attendence, I should of written this on the report.  I am new to this handing out shillings but I am sure I will get the hang of it.  Thankyou for reminding me Spud.

Aliryl Trefynwyd

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length