Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:22:10 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Marine Entry: Perrin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Marine Entry: Perrin  (Read 2192 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:53:30 am »

Think YOU Have What It Takes Too?
Join the Navy!
Apply Today

- Lead a Circuit Training Session
- Attend a Naval Patrol
- Complete a Supervised Sailing Route

- Collect Wood for Ship Construction
- Lead Attack and Defence Drills at the Northern Lighthouse
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 03:06:23 pm by Arma Renox » Logged

Perrin
Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 02:46:42 am »

Reaping Lumber

I began by heading into Minoc, where I procured myself a packhorse. I had learned from my hunt to the Spider Caves that the surrounding forest was thick with Reapers; an excellent place to start. With my horse in tow, I set out for the moongate. I needed somewhere safe to stash my horse, and just before I reached the Spider Forest I found an abandoned building which worked perfectly.

After securing my horse, I traveled North into the forested countryside. Hefting my freshly sharpened axe, I didn't have to wait long before finding my first Reaper. Hacking away at the evil tree, I attempted to dispatch it as quickly as possible. Speed is key when dealing with Reapers!

A large number of other creatures also inhabit the woods, most notably the large spiders and a few overgrown trolls. Signs of a previous spider victim still hung from a tree, his tools and camp nearby.

Having slain a good number of Reapers, I returned to Cove with my heavily laden horse. Not only did I bring quality lumber, but gold for the coffers! After cutting down the logs to make them more manageable, I toted the gold over to the barracks.

*signed*

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 03:04:52 pm »

Excellent work Watchman Perrin! A fine and swift start to your trials, and a well written report!

Signed,
Arma Renox
Commodore

Perrin
Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 12:35:30 am »

Attack and Defence Drills at the Northern Lighthouse

Attending:
Thomas Scarr
Celuvian Haap
Myle
Hoagie

Following the Yew Market, I lined up a few guardsmen to work on indoor combat drills.  We assembled outside the barracks then headed for the North Lighthouse. Our first drills were simple, one team attacks and one defends.

Thomas and Celuvian squared off against Hoagie and Myle for the first few rounds. Thomas and Celuvian proved to be a deadly team, so I joined with Hoagie and Myle. Whatever skills I brought to the fight seemed to matter little, Thomas and Celuvian were on a roll!

After a bit of practice, we added crates to the mix, blocking up doors and hallways. The lighthouse tower became a maze of crates and ladders with very little room to maneuver.

The final round saw a grand duel between Hoagie and Celuvian. Being the last two standing, they fought up and down the tower, on the balcony, and in the partially flooded room on the first floor. The battle would have lasted much longer had Hoagie not run out of bandages!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:41:04 am by Perrin » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length