Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:32:11 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  **The Stronghold Tour**
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: **The Stronghold Tour**  (Read 2128 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2006, 02:06:46 pm »

The Grand Stronghold Tour

This thread is designed to give a detailed look into the Covian Stronghold. A better understanding of the Stronghold will lead to improved RP and defensive strategies.

The stronghold itself is located directly infront of the Cove city gates.

The following pictures have been given markings and a corresponding key will follow underneath, highlighting points of interest within the Stronghold.

The Main Entrance Area & Walkways

A large gate structure restricts entrance to the main Stronghold. It is flanked by two watchtowers. The wooden structure is design to flow on from the walls of Cove itself, sitting closeby.

This is the first line of defense where fighting would begin during an attack. For this reason it is not only guarded by watchtowers but also many secret "murder holes" - secret doors and windows that archers may open and fire arrows onto the enemies below (see following pictures for details).

Key:

Blue dots show special hinged parts of the battlements that may swing open and allow archers or mages to attack those below. These have an excellent range, as do the murder holes.

A. The Main Gates.
These are open to all, however in times of invasion and defense they will be "locked" (set to Guild Members Only).

B. The Main Doors.
These give access to the first floor of the stronghold, the main building itself. Can be "locked" if required.

C. Side Stairwell.
This stairwell leads to the second floor of the stronghold, a sleeping quarters. These gates are "locked" at all times. The sleeping quarters can be accessed from within the building aswell, but these locked gates ensure that guards can spring to action and head directly to battle outside, whilst enemies cannot use the stairwell to get inside.

D. Sleeping Quarters Entrance Doors.

E. West Watchtower Side Gate.
This gate is "locked" and allows access to the West Watchtower, and stairs that lead up to an open area for archers and lookouts.

F. West Watchtower Gates.
These gates lead to an open area for archers, aswell as a general lookout post.

G. East Watchtower Stairwell.
These stairs lead down from the smaller of the two watchtowers, into the basement.

The War Room

This large room is designed as a general purpose conference hall, but is mainly geared to being a War Room. Maps strewn across the table show detailed layouts of vital areas of the current conflict in the North.

Key:

Red Dots show the location of secret doors, all of which are set to "Friends Only". They can be used as either escape routes or murder holes.
Contact me (my number is at the bottom) to be friended.

A. Secret Teleport.
This teleport is nothing to do with BoC, it's just these for my own non-BoC characters to use when I am using them to help decorate the house!

B. Stairs to Sleeping Quarters.

C. Stairs to the Basement.

Sleeping Quarters

This room makes a few beds available for guards to rest if they need, especialy in an emergancy or during long sieges.

Key

Red Dots show the location of secret doors, all of which are set to "Friends Only". They can be used as either escape routes or murder holes.

A. Shared Chest.
These armoires are accessible by all Friends of the Stronghold, who can store their items and possessions etc.
Please note: I cannot guarantee the security of anything in this chest, that depends on your fellow Guild Mates.

B. Geit's Bed!
Gerroff!

C. Stairs to the Stage.

D. Doors to the Sleeping Quarters.

The Main Stage Area

This flat stage uses soft cloth mats to allow for a safer training experience. No one wants a guard who's suffered too many concrete falls to the head!
This multi-purpose stage can also be used for anything such as announcements, plays, shows or public occasions of any kind.

Key:

A. The Main Stage.

B. Audience Seating Area.

C. Stairs to the Sleeping Quarters.

The Basement

This final part of the Stronghold is perhaps the most detailed and interesting. It allows for anything ranging from storage to complex defensive manouvers on the enemy. There is also a small blacksmithy area for those who wish to repair weapons or armour during a siege or emergancy.

Key:

Red Dots show the location of secret doors, all of which are set to "Friends Only". They can be used as either escape routes or murder holes. And yes, there's a lot of them in the basement...

A. Stairs from the East Watchtower.

B. Gate from the East Watchtower.
This gate is "locked" at all times.

C. Shared Guild Chest.
This is yet another chest that can be used by any Friends of the Stronghold.
Please note: Again, I cannot guarantee the security of anything in this chest, that depends on your fellow Guild Mates.

D. Treasure Room Gate.
The treasure room is safe storage for all Cove's finest treasures, including any VIP who needs to be secured in times of trouble or attack.
This is also where Cove's fresh drinking water is produced *grins*.
The gate is "locked" at all times.

E. Secret Doors.
These doors into the treasure room are nothing to do with BoC, it's just these for my own non-BoC characters to use when I am using them to help decorate the house!

F. Prison Cell.
This cell can be used to house prisoners for any length of time. Many treacherous souls have starved to death for treason in this cell...
A prison guard desk and chair is located to the left of the gate.
This gate is "locked" at all times.

G. Teleport.
This teleport is nothing to do with BoC, it's just these for my own non-BoC characters to use when I am using them to help decorate the house!

H. West Watchtower Stairs.

In Conclusion

That's it! The mighty Covian Stronghold! Hopefuly you will now better understand the layout and can use it effectively.

Things to remember

• "Locked" means set to Friends Only.
  • Secret doors cannot be accessed by enemies for a reason! Try and remember to close them behind you.
  • This Stronghold is for all of BoC to use freely. Any special requests, pigeon me on 122413685

Enjoy!

-Geit-
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 05:03:00 pm by Geit Arma » Logged

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 05:52:17 pm »

Looks dazzling watchman! Good show!

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Officer Cadet of the 3rd Glenmore Highlanders

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 06:26:56 pm »

[OOC: This seems like an IC board post, MOVE IT AT ONCE OR ELSE!!]

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 01:48:58 pm »

Might wanna make it sticky, wherever it goes?

Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 03:46:37 am »

Better hope them Yewians nay see that..
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:07:44 am »

These aren't secrets the Yewians couldn't easily figure out themselves.

Besides, they can't use most of the doors Wink

There may be a tactical defense training soon if I can organise one, detailed some of the clever devices I put into the Stronghold that I didn't want to make "public"...

Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 12:09:09 pm »

Just a few notes on the stronghold after some preliminary testing.

Primarily the archer tower; for archers it holds no line of sight whatsoever on the stairwell below, which I assume is its main point of focus. For that matter nor does the balcony below the watchtower or the one opposite it.
Kas, as a mage, was able to get line of sight if the enemy was in a certain place but for archers it wasn't happening.
My advice would be to move the archer tower's point of focus to those outside the actual stronghold as line of sight should definitely work there. I think it's something to do with the physics of shooting within buildings that's stopping it.

Another point would be that whilst locking the iron doors is a good idea, the secret passageways and doors should remain open. That way people not friended to the house can escape (I ended up having to use the manual leave function several times mid battle) and also those attacking can find alternate routes into the archer tower etc. if they are clever enough.

Other than that looks brilliant! Smiley Can't wait to start using it in actual battles.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 03:41:20 pm »

Update:

New battlement additions made for archers and mages, thanks to Bane for helping me test everything out.

The "Guild Members" containers have been changed to Friends.

Deco also added.

Pictures all updated accordingly.

Secret door issues unveiled, will speak with command and update this ASAP. For now they are open to all.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 05:03:51 pm »

Door situation sorted.

Contact me to be friended.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length