Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:55:43 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  *A "1"-shaped candle is lit on Qom's anniversary cake*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A "1"-shaped candle is lit on Qom's anniversary cake*  (Read 2141 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: October 04, 2007, 02:42:33 pm »

To friends, and the ones I like a bit less,
to all those who I had pleasure to meet, and to those I hadn't,
to the members of The Baronship Of Cove

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Today is the 365th day of my presence in this fine enterprise named BoC.

During many fine events and the ol' good RPing I've met many people, to which I'd like to say a huge "Thank You!" for the joy I've found in playing the game with them.

But this is not a "Happy Anniversary" thread.

I have decided to leave the Command team, leave BoC, and leave UO completely.
Yesterday was my last day IG.

Many things made me do so, but as with most of people leaving, the main reason is that I'm lacking time to play, to host events, and to generally enjoy the game. Moreover, during last few weeks my love to UO has completely disappeared, it didn't show up despite my many attempts to "find the spark", as Vince Valentine says. Also, many more duties and plans appeared for me IRL, and I can't focus on them if I'll still be using so much time playing the game and reading the forums.

So I would like to thank you all. I won't write down a list with names of people which I'd want to thank in some special manner; those who should be on such list already know that.
I'm sure you will all continue your efforts to keep BoC the best guild on the Europa shard (if not in whole UO universe); remember to support the Command Team led by Octiovus (one of those people which are continuously amazing me with their creativity); keep forwarding them your ideas and suggestions - it's our guild, we create it - remember about it!

Few people IG know the story why Qom has disappeared - ask people, listen to gossip Wink

For now there is no Governor; I can't say if/when a new one will appear.

Civ-related matters should be forwarded to Raiden Morana, or other Command members.

Well, that'd be it. I have really enjoyed my stay.
I wish you all the best things!

Farewell.

Jacek, player of Qom.

PS: For some time I will be reading the forums, and I will take care of the Tech Support board, the Wikipedia is and will be online - contact me via ICQ if you want an account - 38957010.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:48:17 pm by Qom Riyadh » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 03:44:57 pm »

It's been a whole year!?

My, my, time flies when you are having... Umm... Err... FUN! Grin

I wish you the very best of luck mate in all your ventures.

It was a pleasure, blah, blah... You know the rest. Wink

Take care bud.

Dave player of Raiden.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:58:57 pm »

I didn't get to roleplay with you much, but I can see how much of an impact you've had on the upkeep of BoC.

Best wishes with everything and I hope you do come back one day! If just to say hello to Miss Wineblotch! Cheesy

Farewell!

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:27:27 pm »

Bye bye!
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:30 pm »

Aww you sucker!  I'm just coming back to see you leave!! Drat!!  Anywho.. It was fun RPing with you man, you were a great inspiration to the citizens of Cove.. And I hope your future will be grand!
Cya mate I'll hit you up sometime on ICQ!
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

Best wishes friend:P
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 04:19:49 pm »

Buh'bye man, have fun, was really fun playing with you, the limited times that i have.

Good luck in everything.

Matt, player of Telly.

Rbl <3 Thf
Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 10:45:30 pm »

*reads the responds upwards*

Damn! all good words are taken! Very well! I agree with the other responders.
  "One time a governor in narn.. Cove, always, a governor in Cove

*blinks right eye*

Sebastian, the player of farfar.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:40:01 pm »

Good Luck J. You were definitely a huge help, Its unfortunate I've been out of the RP loop since you came to the BoC. I wish you the best mate!

Addendum: Jee mate, I wanted to say more but...  I guess there just is not a scrap more to be said when words don't say it all. Well I do know that If I should ever get back into the game. The Community will be a better place having had Qom share even a day of it, you did a lot. I read the boards constantly trying to stay current, and you were always finding something new or offering something new to the citezens and the army, the whole community. Now has anyone (without seeing his pics in our thread) thought J must surly be a large, prematurely balding man with no date who sat in front of his computer with cans of mountain dew and ding-dong wrappers? LOL Its an image that comes to mind  when you think of the dedication/addiction to this game. but we all know that's not true though it may have come to be that he would resemble this if he does run and go take care of life in general!! OK mate, thanks for what you've done in the community, the tech support, and the input on my creative writtings!! Best luck to you and God's Speed.

Shane, Player of Marcus I. Kobra
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:46:32 am by Marcus Kobra » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length