Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:48:52 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Arkay's Archery Guild
| | | |-+  Completed Assignments and Classes (Moderator: Dalamar)
| | | | |-+  Advanced hunting techniques - [Completed!]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Advanced hunting techniques - [Completed!]  (Read 1421 times)
Dalamar
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2007, 02:43:33 pm »

Hunting... What could be more sensitive and presice work than closing your distance with your pray, waiting best time to release your string sending your arrow to end your preys life.
I know this all sounds easy but it’s most hardest thing to do. This is only a short material that I hope you all read before coming to my lesson

Tracking:
First of all hunter must know his prey. It’s completly pointless to hunt something that you can’t follow. Most important skill to hunter is tracking your prey. To be aple to track your pray you need to know your preys basic habits. What kind area it lives, what it eats, how it behaves and most important what kind mark it leaves behind from it.

Anatomy of prey:
You have found your prey, congratulations from that. Now you need to know where to shoot it to kill it and still not spoil the meat or hide. If you are hunting deer hor example, there is no point shoot it’s hide to full of holes or the hide is totaly ruined. Nor there is no point to shoot it to shoulder-blade which would cause breaking the bone and spreding bone shards to meat. Still these would give you the meat, bone shards can be removed but it takes time. NEVER shoot your prey to stomach! Unless you are hunting a human and you want to kill him slowly. If you shoot to stomach you have high change to pierce it’s gallbladder which would give horrible taste to meat.

Skinning and butchering:
Congratulations you have now killed your prey, but how you can use your dead prey? First thing to do is skin you prey. I will use here deer as a example how to skin your prey. First you need to get blood out from deer. Best way is to stab their throat artery. After you have drained most blood out you can move to skin your deer. After you have removed deer hide you need to Butcher the deer. Start it by opening it’s stomach but beware not to cut internal organs. After you have removed guts, lungs and hearth you can start to piece the meat.

*Signed with red ink* Dalamar, Regular Scout
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:33:51 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length