Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:41:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Changes to the Goblin & WHY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Changes to the Goblin & WHY  (Read 4499 times)
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2009, 09:13:09 pm »

Okay here it is, As you all know Edward departed Europa and went back to Great Lakes. Reasons being was because of all the stress he was having from all the gripping and bickering in and about the Goblin. I took it over as none else was around to take it and he trusted me enough to take it and keep the Land Mark Tavern running.

After I took the Goblin over from day one I started having folks tell me what a crappy job I did on the Goblin when I did nothing to the Design and finally had enough of the crap and made changes to it my self. I figured I would give it the old grief look as it looked once before but not totally like it as I no longer have his design. Some of my changes includes a Entertainment floor with a Stage so we can get Willyfist to come play at the Goblin ir other entertainment events, and a Lounge for sitting and relaxing.

Seem not matter what Me, Scarlet and Keiran do can make everyone at the same time happy. The new design of the Goblin will be staying and the Goblin will not be an Inn. For those needing a room there are the new Dorms South of the Cove town Gates, and soon New Dorms with a Shop by the Barracks.

So please keep the complaints down and bare with me as I am trying here and it is not being easy for me as I am quite stressed over it all and thats a bad thing for me. For if any one know anything about Diabetics, stress is hard on them and  am trying to fight my blood sugar as it is and been in the hospital twice now because of it.

Thank you and any insight and helpfull hints are welcome on how to make the Goblin as good as it once was

Keane Wakefield
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Keane in Green

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:29:40 pm »

Good job, kal. Keep up the good work. I commend you. Let's all remember that this is Kal's lot now and he is free to design it the way he wants. Even if you don't like it, let's support him as he is keeping the goblin alive and running.

Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:44:48 pm »

I'd be willing to give you a few pointers from what I have seen so far, it is not a bad design.. The tile could use some work though *nods*

Also, I did consult with Edward before Kal on taking over the Goblin for him, but he wanted to lend me his two plots in Altmere..

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 11:47:09 pm »

I actually love it. 

This means a lot coming from an avid change hater

It's awesome because it actually looks like a tavern now. The spilled flower and all the deco in the kitchen is great and the woodtable/barrel/stool combo's are perfect. The big outdoor area allows the inside to be cozy with proper deco. Upper floors are awesomesauce. <3 bear rugs.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:32:56 pm by Delfer » Logged

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:46:34 am »

Dont forget memorial square has rooms! Could role-play the rooms there as part of the goblin establishment? Who knows.

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 03:13:45 pm »

Glad someone has put the boot down.  GL to ya Kal!

-MK

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 02:25:47 pm »

You have my support with the Goblin. I appreciate the fact alone that you were willing to take the responsibility of even attempting to make it into something. We all need to remember that Kal is only trying to help the rest of you here.

If anyone has any criticism, please give it constructively with a reason as to how he could perhaps improve it. I think it looks pretty neat now with the furniture in it and all the seasonal deco.

The main challenge is running the events to keep it going. I'll help out as much as I can. Good luck guys!

-Rach/Kelly

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Edward Striker
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 07:15:18 pm »

Well Kal, as you can see its not as easy as everyone thought.  Sorry your having issues with your health because of it.  Wish you the best of luck.

*signed*

Edward Striker
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:09:46 pm »

I can't believe people would moan about the design of the tavern... oh well good luck and I am sorry to see Edward leave. Remember guys, its just pixels!

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 08:46:37 pm »

Suzy has a room at the Square (Though the storage box I had there is now gone...she paid her rent!!) Hoagie rents the one down stairs. There is one unrented room left.

Yes there have been some issues with the Goblin. There always has been. Its why Ed stepped down. I stepped back for my own personal reasons. ( because I'm part of a HUGE RL event and havent had very much time to play really...and I have been on ICQ as well as checking in here) I came back after being gone a couple weeks to play for a couple hours and WHABAM Changes galore.

Those of us who have been running the place since last May were left COMPLETELY out of the loop, and the person who was left as manager in charge in my place was not consulted either about changes. That's why some of us got  our panties in a bunch. I talked to Kal. I gave constructive criticism. Im already over it. The design is growing on me. Had a good long chat with Kal, who really is trying his best to make everyone happy. Time to move on and let others who have fantastic ideas run with em I say! Go Team Goblin!*gets out pom poms*

The changes made are not in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM WHY IVE STEPPED DOWN. I want that to be clear. And Kal sweetie. Try as you might, you cant make everyone happy all at once. You really do try, but its time for you to do what makes YOU happy and have fun.

I wholeheartedly agree staff there needs to be supported. Scarlet tried to run an event last friday, and not one person showed up besides Suzy who came to serve drinks so she would be free to run her event. ( I had an unexpected day off WOOT) With that said, Civillian events seem to have very little support. It was that way when Sapphie tried to run them too at the beginning of the semester.  Perhaps its that 80% or so of our players are in college exams soon and are studying now. Perhaps its holiday shopping. Who knows...

I think everyone needs to stop judging one another and get on with playing. Im glad you like the place Delf. Van told me he loves it too. I do miss having an inn in Cove for travelers to stay at, but thats totally the choice of the people running the place. I couldn't take it because I can't afford another account. Its an awesome design for holding events. I think they will do fine so long as we give em the support they need.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:56:41 pm by Railen Morana » Logged

Scarlet Grayner
Red-haired strumpet
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

Fire baller of Cove!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 11:33:22 pm »

I love the design Kal.. don't change it:) its really grown on me.

Deco took a long time, and a few temper tantrums (from me ofc) later its finally finished. Err excuse the mess was from my event which never took place.

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 12:04:58 am »

hehe Scarl. I so know what you mean. When that one thing just wont sit where you want, or the darn chair wont turn...and you know that you have a freakin interior deco tool somewhere under ten billion items that are in your pack...

I will be around much more to help if needed around Christmas eve.

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 01:08:48 am »

I came to the event btw! I even wore a hat.

I love the deco too Smiley

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:15:42 pm »

Thank you guys and Gals, as it was stated I am trying to make all better here and it does make me feel better knowing that the new design is being liked.

The Stage is not only for the Goblin use, but for all who wish to plan something that would involve the stage like,....Inviting WillyFist to come play, Story telling, or even one singing. The possibilities go on and on, so feel free if you want to use the Entertainment Floor for an event, The Goblin will support the event with food and drinks. Depending on the numbers showing all may be free to half price on the food or drinks

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 07:22:32 pm »

I promice as soon as Dickens Fair is over and I actually catch up on sleep to help thunk up ideas for events and run some.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length