Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:16:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Republic of Vesper Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Republic of Vesper Elections  (Read 2033 times)
Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2018, 11:58:46 pm »

Yesterday it was announced that the Empire of Vesper would be dissolving and reforming back into the Free Northern Republic.

https://stratics.com/threads/report-empress-anna-goodwards-announcement-for-vesper.398369/

The elections for Chancellor of the Republic who will be the head of the reformed council take place in 2 weeks! Any citizen of Vesper, Cove, Minoc and surrounding territories can run for the position! More information found here:

https://stratics.com/threads/republic-of-vesper-elections.398372/

Also any citizen of Vesper, Cove, Minoc and the surrounding territories can vote on the day!

TAKES PLACE AT 8PM AT THE GYPSY CAMP NEXT TO SWAGGERS AT 8PM UK TIME
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:43:46 pm by Escaflowne -V- » Logged

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:37:22 pm »

*Posters have emerged around Cove with the stamp of the Baron's signet*

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:11:33 pm »

*a second, hastily pasted up poster*

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:31:43 pm »

*pins sign up around Cove*

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »

A saddle weary rider meanders through once familiar woods. Ducking under a branch, a notice nailed to an old oak holds his gaze and he heels his mount to a halt.

"Whoa Daisy, whoa lass..."

He leans forward to pat the mare's neck and sits back in the saddle, regarding the poster. Hardened features, steely eyes and grey streaked hair, tied into a ponytail with a bowstring. The old warrior whispered to no-one in particular.

"Maybe our explorin' days are over..."

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 09:43:02 pm »

Vote Escaflowne!!!

I apologise for this late hour of declaring myself as a candidate, but after much thought I have decided that I would regret not putting myself into this race. I believe I still have much to offer this great nation!

You all know me, I served Vesper for many years but have only just returned after straying from you, my family. I know this will give many of you doubts of me along with the recent events between myself and Empress Anna Goodward. I take full responsibility for my mistakes, as that is what they were, I am not going to lie or run from it. Nothing happened how I planned and it was dealt with badly, I apologise for this and I have learnt from it.
I am only human and I know these mistakes are fresh in your mind's right now; but please take a moment to put that aside and think back to the good I have done for Vesper, and the experience I have to take on the role of Chancellor.
-I served in the Vesper Military for most of my life, and lead our forces for a good chunk of that.
-I served a term as Chancellor of Vesper in years gone by.
-I served as Governor of Moonglow for a term.
-I served as Governor of Minoc for a term.
All of this has given me the experience in politics and knowledge of Vesper and the Republic to allow me to carry out the role of Chancellor efficiently. All I ask is for a chance to show you, give me three months and if you are not happy with me then I will step down without question.

I want to restore us to the strong and united great Northern Republic once more!  In the distant past Vesper, Cove and Minoc were united as the northern republic for 7 long prosperous years. I want us to have our own corner of the map carved out once more for the free people of all races to settle! I wish to review and change the current laws of the Republic to make them fair and just, not archaic with lashes as a punishment for everything! I'd like to restore the community service policy for prisoners of the Republic, make them work their punishment off!
I wish to attract more non human races to the Republic, perhaps even allowing orcs and Drow to enlist in the military further down the line. We must treat everyone equally and fairly, we must give all races the freedom to progress and better their lives. We can share our knowledges, cultures and technology for progression of the realm!

Now I know with the return of many Covians,  you are unhappy with the rulership of Vesper over Cove. I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Vesparian, Covian, Minocian, human, Elf, Drow , Dwarf, Gargoyle or Orc. We all need to help one another, we need to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this free north there is room for everyone and the land is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and fair! I wish for every sector of the Republic to have their say and voice heard; which is why in a weeks time I want to see a Covian and a Minocian win the governor elections of their respective towns and take their seat on the council of the Republic.
I know Cove and Minoc might wish for their independence, but now is not the time! Now is the time for us to stand together and work together to rebuild our great towns and the northern republic! I ask that we all allow one term of 6 months leadership of staying a united republic! Let us give it our best shot together! With equal voices all heard on the Council of the Republic! If after a term Cove and Minoc still wish for independence; If I am elected Chancellor I will start procedures peacefully and professionally to begin the transition!

To bring my statement to a conclusion I will address one final point. After much thought I will not be willing to step down as Redguard Commander if I am elected Chancellor. I have decided to drop everything else and give my full attention to Vesper to carry out both roles. In the essence of freedom and fairness I will not allow this to mean that I take up 2 seats on the council. I would assign the head of security council seat to a different high ranking military officer.

I know this is a big responsibility to take on but I give my word to give it my all. I only ask for a chance to prove myself. I won't bullshit you or make false promises I cannot keep; with me at the helm I will give you the cold hard truth.

Thank you for your consideration.

[And yes I did incorporate and change a passage from the great dictator speech in there Tongue, was listening to it whilst writing this haha.]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length