Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:37:38 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  Kindling the Baronial Court.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kindling the Baronial Court.  (Read 2916 times)
Lacrima
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:10:38 am »

For men have marble, women waxen, minds,
And therefore are they form'd as marble will;
The weak oppress'd, the impression of strange kinds
Is form'd in them by force, by fraud, or skill:
Then call them not the authors of their ill,
No more than wax shall be accounted evil
Wherein is stamp'd the semblance of a devil

Dear Brothers,

I can not help but notice that our dear Baron is still looking for a suitable bride. Perhaps playing the matchmaker in this situation may gain us some advantages in the near future.

Kiran is the Bailiff, but I doubt he has the skills nor means to get the most delicate political secrets like a woman can; we all know the power of "pillow talk" I believe.

All we need  is a puppet that will have the attitude, means to be able to woo Baron and bring us the information we need. Preferably someone who is not smart enough and easy to intimidate....and expendable if push comes to shove.

Lacrima

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:10:27 am »

I have looked over your proposal, sister.

It is feasable and doable, however we best get to the planning process now. I shall if you think when you found a suitable canditate inform the Baron. I think two weeks notice before he has to meet her is adequate. Also will give us time to scout out the places we need to visit during the stay.

Lets get to it, brothers and sisters

Kiran.

Adrian Harrowell
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 02:39:07 pm »

Upon reading the proposal, I too find it a grand idea. I have had my men scour Vesper for a suitable bride, but sadly, the gene pool in Vesper seems to have been tainted. It therefore leads me to conclude that the bride must be found in either Cove or Yew...or perhaps even better, find a woman on the street and..mould her to suit our purposes? Surely a few weeks of etiquette training and language usage isn't beyond our capabilities. First, we must learn of the Barons tastes in women. As I have seen, he does not enjoy the company of forceful women, so someone demure and submissive will be our goal. Start the hunt for the bride Brothers and Sisters,

Jierdan

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:43:17 pm »

An intriguing proposition.

I suggest falsified documentation be prepared declaring her to be the daughter of some very minor noble of some out of the way spot far from the east.  The Baron will not be swayed by some tart in a fancy dress simply because she can curtsey and tell the difference between a knife and a fork.  She must have some connection to noble blood but preferably minor, to diminish the risk of discovery. 

Mask
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:56:37 pm »

Perhaps a offspring of the dying D'gar house, or perhaps even one of them? I had words with a Danifae previously in my years, she is rather scared of me... Mind you, she could turn, a new fledgling might be appropiate. I say we gather to speak of this on Sunday, at 9, in the Offices of the green goblin.

I hope you will all be able to attend, we shall discuss other goals as well.

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length