Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:08:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  Report: Useful items for a Scout
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Useful items for a Scout  (Read 1893 times)
Xavier
Watchman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:05 am »

On Monday evening I attended Officer Cadet Kal Shadowhand's Scout Class. The class was very informative and I learned many things in a short time. I was also honored with Kal offering to mentor me. His first bit of homework for me was to think of some items a scout may find useful in performing their duties.

After some consideration I came up with the following list.

1) A Sextant: Used to get coordinates, a sextant would help a scout accurately mark buildings and other areas of interest on a map, or even set a area to meet.

2) A Spyglass: A device commonly used by sailors. A spyglass would be useful for a scout to check an area before stealthing into it, or to scout a enemy fortification, city or camp from a distance.

3) Map: Obviously useful for finding ones way it may also be used to mark areas of importance.

4) A mapmakers pen: A quill specifically designed for making detailed maps. Useful for making a map from scratch or adding detail to a existing map.

5) A blank book: Scouts may often have to take note of numerous details when they are on a mission and a book may come in handy for storing such information (a code or cipher is recommended though incase one finds themself detained and searched).

6) Blank parchment: Sometimes maps are not available and a scout will have to make one themselves, having a few blank parchments in your pack may prove handy if the need should arise.

7) A detailed background story: From what I understand scouts will often use a disguise to gather information. I would think it very important to have a good background story to go with ones disguise. For example if disguised as a farmer one should know as much as possible about farming. Also information about the area one claims to come from, local news, dialect, etc...is invaluable to maintain a cover.

*Signed*

~Xavier Kage~
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:36:25 am »

*Walks by eyeing the report*

Well done Lad! I can see where all of them could be usefull. Seek me out when ye are ready and I then will show ye more of the ways of the Scouts.

Till tthen stay in the Shadows for it too is the Scouts best friend.

Signed Officer Cadet: Kal ShadowHand

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length