Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:49:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Sergio's Search
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sergio's Search  (Read 1592 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2018, 08:57:27 am »

Raiden leaned against the barracks wall, lost in thought as the shadow clad guardsmen milled about. How the bloody hell could he PROVE Railen was dead? He hawked and spat in the dirt, crossing his arms, his features grim as he roared at the guardsmen's slovenliness.

All he knew was that upon his return home from the colonies, that there was neither hide nor hair of Railen since not long after his departure. Enquiries in Vesper, Yew and of course Cove had brought him no joy. His estate was burnt out. Derelict. For some time passed. Given the attacks on his wife by thugs, drow and pretty much every enemy known to Cove and himself over the years, what else could he think? What other possibility could there be?

But how the feck could he actually 'PROVE' it?

What he needed was... What he needed was a... 'Scout!'

A green jacketed guardsman jumped out from the dark sea of soldiers. 'Jarrett! Front and centre! I have a job fer ye lad...'

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:27:37 am »

After Sunday's parade, Jarrett sought my out to report his findings...

"I want a full report as soon as possible Regular, so that I can submit it ter the church and have her rest in peace."

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 08:03:51 am »

*A neatly written Report addressed to the church*

I write this report to you to confirm the death of Railen Morana. The suspicions of Railen being alive led me to investigate the old ruins of the Morana dwelling.

I immediately recognized that the destruction could not have been cause by the undead as the lack of filth and scattered ofal weren't present and The Captain would have Reported any immediately had he come across it. I then checked any containers and parts of the house that were not completely in ruin I found nothing except a lack of any sign of Railens uniform. My major clue however was the Window, The soot and ash was caked on the inside of the house, the fire was started from inside.

This would mean the home was invaded by someone then burned or as I later learned Railen herself Lit the fire. Outside I found a remnant of Covian cloth uniform on the ground, I followed scraps as I spotted them, they led to the Vesperian Graveyard and into lost lands.

I'm afraid I lost the trail a bit north of Delucia, So I made my way to the town and after a bit of rest I was fortunate enough to run into a native who recognized my uniform and informed me of a woman who'd worn a similar one a year ago she passed through and had run towards trinsic, On the other side of the caves I picked up the trail which led a bit north of Vepser, Where I found a small building that turned out to be a healers infirmary in the woods.

There in the infirmary I found Railens body in a simple casket with her uniform and Badge. I was informed when she arrived there she had since lost all sense and had refused to eat. I have since returned the Badge to Captain Raiden and let him know how to Make arrangements for her body. I hope this will suffice to Prove that Captain Raiden is in fact no longer married.

*Signed*
~Sergio jarrett, Regular Scout
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 09:57:41 am »

Good work Jarrett.

Arrangements have been made for Railen's remains to be interred with full military honours in the Cove Graveyard.

You are hereby awarded 1 Guardsman Duty for your efforts in this matter, Regular.
[ooc]As your duties requirement is already fulfilled, you may use this to complete your Sentry requirement[ooc]

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length