Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:03:30 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trials ~ Avalynn Vale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trials ~ Avalynn Vale  (Read 1998 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2018, 01:46:41 am »

You come highly recommended by Corporal Sanderson, and your service record is more than satisfactory. I have little doubt that the Baron will accept your petition to join the Grenadiers - pending successful completion of these trials, of course.

Trial 1: Discipline

One of the most important day-to-day duties of the Grenadiers is to maintain discipline in the ranks. This requires that we each hold ourselves to a very high standard as an example to the others, but at times it can be necessary to take a more direct approach.
1) Conduct a training, which must be attended by at least 5 other Guardsmen.
2) Perform a kit inspection, checking for poorly-maintained equipment, incomplete survival kits, and uniform code violations.
3) Ensure that everyone present is competent in basic unit tactics, including formation fighting.

-

Trial 2: Loyalty

The Grenadiers are loyal to the Baron first and foremost. Everything else is secondary, and there is no room for divided loyalties here. There will be times when our duties put us at odds with those in the army whom we consider friends, and it is vital that a Grenadier be able to put the good of Cove above his or her own personal interests.
1) Identify, detain, and question someone you suspect of disloyalty toward the Baron and Cove.
2) You may request the assistance of any other Grenadier in this task, but you may not rely on those outside the squad.
3) Present your findings, as well as any evidence of impropriety that you obtain, in your report.

-

Trial 3: Ability to Fight

As the Baron's elite bodyguards, it is vital that the Grenadiers be capable fighters, both individually and as a group. The threats to the Baron and his household are as numerous as they are varied, and his enemies may strike at any time. Organize a combat training exercise to demonstrate your ability to fight both with the rest of the squad, and on your own.
1) Organize a battle training, which must be attended by at least 3 Grenadiers. There must be at least 8 attendees total, though you may call upon our allies to reach this goal. Whatever scenario you devise, you must repeat the exercise until your team is victorious.
2) Your team must include as many of the attending Grenadiers as possible. If more than half of the total attendees are Grenadiers, you may rotate extras in and out of your team to balance the sides.
3) Demonstrate your personal ability by defeating at least two of those Grenadiers in single combat.

-

Trial 4: Brotherhood

Grenadiers sacrifice a great deal for the sake of the Baronship. Often, the only people they can truly call friends are their brothers in bronze. This Brotherhood is part of what makes the squad special, and it is vital that any aspirant to the squad receive the approval of its existing members. Your final task is to introduce yourself to at least 5 existing Grenadiers, and receive their written approval to join the squad.

-

When you've completed all of this, notify me in order to take your oaths. Good luck, Junior.

*Signed*
Corporal Torrak Keres,
1st "Baron's Own" Grenadier Regiment
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:00:14 am by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 03:37:16 am »

*Neatly Written Report*

I was casually standing post outside the Barracks with the newly improved model of Goatbow, GoatbowIV, when the Grenadier Corporal Torrak Keres and Genadier Regular Keitaro Kazami came by. I thought, WELL isn't this a gift from the Avatar himself! I introduced myself to the Corporal and was thoroughly questioned on my background and life. Having nothing to hide, I answered honestly and quickly got his Approval. Keitaro and I have also known one another for a great many years, and there was no need for introductions, but he did state a promise that he would send in his written approval of my becoming a Grenadier.

Upon realizing my luck further, the Corporal insisted I complete one of my other tasks while I had them both there. A Duel to show my fighting ability. Thinking I was ready for a fight, the Corporal insisted on fighting me first, I used all the knowledge I've learned over the years and fought him twice, winning both times. By the time I stood to fight Keitaro I realized quickly my mistake, I ran out of Bandages! Normally I am never this careless, and had no choice but to continue and resort to meditating chants to keep me from dropping. We fought for a good long while, until finally! I managed to break Keitaro's Mace with my own and Hammer him down, winning the Duel. This Junior is well tired, and earned herself a good rest. After I sort out my supply of bandages of course......

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:27:47 am »

Trial 4: Brotherhood

(neatly Written Report)

I met with five separate Grenadiers over the corse of several days. I spoke with each and got to know them a bit, and they in turn got to know me. I've submitted proof of meeting with them, along with some approvals as requested for my entry into the Grenadiers.

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:31:14 am »

Task 3: Ability to Fight

In attendance:

Avalynn Vale, Junior Guardsman (leading)
Hoagie Grayner, Captain Commander
Torrak Keres, Grenadier Corporal
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal
Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet
Pickles, Officer Cadet
Tiberius, Senior Lunatic Guardsman
Raven, Regular Grenadier
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier
Keitaro Kazami, Regular Grenadier
Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Eben Roichar, Junior Scout
Jon Trent, Junior Scout
Saerandir, Watchman
Nevarden, Guardsman Recruit
Sheriam Palmer, Guardsman Recruit
Serj Eason, Guardsman Idjit Recruit

Immidiately after todays parade i took charge and led a Battle Training. As stated in my tasks, all 3 Grenadiers in attendance were amongst my team. needless to say, we completely destroyed the other team. each time...

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 03:40:40 am »

Criminal Recruit stationed in the Cells pending punishment!

http://cove.sugeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=15991.0

Avalynn Vale
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 12:58:16 am »

Training with The Tiny Lunatic
Inspection and Battle Formations

In attendance:
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Saerandir "Sally", Watchman
Gregor Eason, Senior Geriatric Guardsman
Jassi Cowin, Regular Guardsman (briefly)
Sheriam Palmer, Recruit
Declan O'connor, Yewish Waywatcher
Aries Harper, Yewish Rookie Guardsman

After Gathering a few guardsmen and even a few visitors, I set out to complete my final task. We were joined with two of our Yewish Allies, while the rest of our troops were off being lazy and avoiding my training...cannot imagine why. We started with a full uniform inspection, sadly Senior Guardsman Eason forgot his Parade arm, Instead of letting him off, as I was going to do he requested proper punishment. I proceeded to have everyone face him, and give him a proper covian Booing. Geriatric or not, forgetting ones parade arm is unacceptable. After uniform inspection, we were interrupted by the Church Templars. Was not exactly happy with that, they came in, threatened Sally, harrassed him for gold and left severed elf ears infront of him. After they left, I proceeded with my training. We continued with Kit inspection, once again Regular Guardsman Cowin provided nothing and proved to be a nitwit. Everyone else proved to have expemplary Survival kits, except the Yewish. The rookie did not even know what it was. Makes me wonder how they survived this long. we went over battle formations next, they at least proved to have some brain in their heads.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length