Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:56:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Filling the Scouts Stores
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Filling the Scouts Stores  (Read 4957 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:54:20 pm »

Mela rummaged through the Scouts stores and grumbled as she came to their weapons stock.
"Empty?? Dammit!" closing the lid of the chest she plonked down in a comfy chair and began writing.

Greetings Citizens!
The Scout Cabin's stores are really low on weapons and I have a list of all kinds of weapons which need making.

Task:
Make the following (You personally may only d0 3 sets):

5 crossbows
5 bows

5 War axes
5 diamond maces
5 warforks
5 Kryss's
5 Spears

5 Cutlass's
5 Boardswords
5 Battle axes

Conditions:
  • You may only (overall) make 15 weapons (for example, 5 cutlasses, 5 spears, 5 waraxes)
  • Shillings will be awarded for this task
  • Extra shillings will be awarded for the quality of the report.

Scout Sergeant,
Mela.E.Arkay.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:38:20 am by Qom Riyadh » Logged

Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:34:46 am »

not as if i dont enjoy seeing the scouts run around naked, but i felt an urge to help, since theyre the ones protecting me. I thought they needed Grand Weapons, so i spit in my hands, rolled up my sleeves, and started to dig into the work!

After quite some time, making swords is kinda tricky, i felt a bit unbalanced, like i leaned a bit to the right, but as old as i am, i knew exactly what to do!

Suddenly, i felt that my hammer just become 10 times heavier, when i worked on the last battle axe.
¨

Black...

I woke up in the woods, with my clothes spread out and a bag of weapons at my feet. My Thumb hurt, My back hurt, And for some reason, even my head...
I figure it must have been the bad chicken i ate earlier...
I put on my clothes, took the bag and headed for the Barracks.
 Now i need to hand the weapons in to the scouts...

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 03:50:25 pm »

50 Shillings awarded - Farfar

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Jacob Greyson
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 03:01:51 pm »

Taking a look at the task board I noticed this one had been left uncompleted for a while so figured I'd set about doing some work for it.  I headed out to Britain to see if any scrap items had been left around the bank and then towards the north to the Blacksmiths.  To my luck I found a large stash of valourite warforks, a bit badly made so I set about smelting them down.   With the ingots I made up some of the required weapons.

Starting off with the kryss, they can be a bit fiddly with all them twisty bits.

After finding some sturdy wooden staffs I set about fixing the spearheads to them.

Finally I made up a batch of warforks with nice sharped points.

Hope these weapons be to a good enough standard for the division.

*signed*

Jacob.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:03:48 pm »

50 Shillings - Jacob Greyson

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 06:33:06 am »

The task is still open!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 10:59:04 pm »

Of course as Baronial Smith the needs of the Grenadiers come first but I could not see the Scouts go without some of my finely crafted weaponry!

I set about work on the bows and crossbows first, making sure all the strings were tensioned and everything screwed into place.

With the bows ready I went to the forge and started on the diamond crusted maces. Crude weapons but highly effective, especially when they are crafted as finely as mine.

All the goods are ready for collection/delivery Mrs Arkay.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Burgher.
A J TRADING.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 11:12:45 pm »

5o Shillings A.J.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 05:45:35 am »

And the axes?
Jessica Hawkins
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 01:40:25 am »

Browsing through some paperwork Jessica found a small wrinkled piece of parchment that she lifted up, reading closley.

Appearantly it was a note to remind herself of unfinished buisness.

Letting out a soft sigh she stood up, leaving the pile of papers behind for a later time.

As she walked down the creaky staircase in her workshop she suited herself up with a good blacksmithy suit that would come in handy in protecting her from the heat of the forge and accidental blows from the hammer.

She wanderd off to the Covian smithy by the barracks and started to heat up the forge using a single bellow.

After some times work when the forge was well heated enough she begun working the metal into shape and hardening it against the anvil.

Bending.....shaping....bending.....shaping......heating....shaping...the work never ended.

5 Waraxes completed as requested.

*Signed neatly*
Jessica Hawkins

qom_riyadh
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 05:34:35 am »

50 shillings awarded - Jessica Hawkins
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length