Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:05:41 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold...  (Read 5321 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:30:39 am »

After awarding the few citizens with shillings recently, Governor Riyadh discovered that the chest with shillings became dangerously empty.
He went to the Covian minter to order making more of them, but he said that we're seriously lacking gold ingots. No gold, no shillings, easy as that.

The task: Find, mine and smelt gold! We need not less than 1500 gold ingots!

Conditions:
 - Any miner/smithy can do this
 - Up to 500 ingots per character
 - Although it is not a purely RP task, focus on RP-finding the gold veins to add some life to the report!

Reward
 - Shillings will be awarded for the completed work and quality and imagination of your report.

EDIT: Sorry people for making a confusing mistake: it should be '200 ingots per char', not shillings like I wrote.

1187 ingots so far!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 09:47:21 am by Raiden Morana » Logged
Jessica Hawkins
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:00:13 am »

Jessica woke up, yawning to herself before stepping into the tavern getting her early meal.

After having read through the board she nodded, tearing down one of the posts, folding it together and tucked it into her pocket.

Jessica prepared herself by strapping on her mining gear and getting a good supply of pickaxes.

Stepping out through the door from her workshop she headed first towards the Glenmore mountains going up along the sea.

Working her way up along the mine she found only a small vein of gold, but she kept her motivation up and kept herself busy...But after many hours as night was closing up quickly, she brought along her tools and went back for a nap in Cove.

The following day...

Jessica woke up, after having fallen asleep in full mining suit at the tavern sofa.

Quickly she recoverd herself a new pickaxe due to the other one breaking during previous day of mining.

Her first location was, Covoteous mountain.

She spent her entire day working and mining, prospecting and smelting...a task she would normally not trouble herself with, but the need of exercise was greater than the need of riches this day.

...After a long tiresome days work along the long Covoteous mountain she finally decided to pack up her things and wander off as it was already dark outside, one day gone she thought to herself...

When arriving in Cove back outside her workshop she set aside all her tools and pickaxes for later cleaning, and tossed down the hefty sack of gold bricks taking them out, laying them on the ground.

Another day is to come for me to continue this gruesome work unless a more fitting man shall take over.

This was all for me...

*Signed neatly*

Jessica Hawkins, Loyal Citizen of Cove

[OOC] It seems I lost like two screenshots taken during my trip at Covoteous, I will stop using this darned UO screenshot tool. [/OOC]

qom_riyadh
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:12:11 am »

Grand work miss!

75 shillings awarded - Jess Hawkins

(Because of my mistake miss Hawkins prepared much more than expected from a single character.  Despite we will accept the higher amount, the 200 ingots/char condition is still in place.)
qom_riyadh
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:07:06 am »

Task is still open!
Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 02:28:30 pm »

Since i was broke to the bone a little low on funds, i went down to the citizen taskboard, to offer my services for a few shillings. I was about to mine some gold.
   I went home to read in my workdiaries, to find out where to find the mines of gold, since i knew i had mined it before...
   So i went to Britain, and wandered through the forest. After about an hour, i arrived to the northern mine of Britain, and what did i see, if not...

I was stopped right outside it by some stubborn guards, that claimed the mine as  Lord British property by law. I tried to bribe them, with little succes. They took my gold, and didnt let me in...
   I found only one more way of getting into that mine. Hurling curses at them!

I nearly got a few limbs separated from my body. I went back to Britain and into the healers house. The healers treated me well, curing my wounds, leaving no scars to witness the brutality of Lord British guards.
   The next day, after venturing into a tavern, and out again, i had the strength, to come up with a way to revenge my injuries, AND get clearance into the mine. I went to the tinkers in Britain, having all the supplies neccessary, to build me... A GOLEM!
   I got back to the guards. They were smiling a little in a spitefull manner, towards me. when they saw my golem, it quickly faded away...

I know had gathered clearence into the mine, and after i dispatched the guards earthly beloings put the guards to their final resting place, i Went into the mine, and started looking for the location from my workdiary.
   I found the spot, and started extracting some golden ore, when suddenly a golden golem emerged from the cavern wall, attacking me. I Ran out and shouted for Fjalar, my golem, which had little trouble, to fend off that golden golem.
   I went home and melted the ore. I sat down in my favourite chair, opened yet another bottle of beer, and relaxed.

The ingots are ready for delivery!

*signed with thick handwriting*

Farfar.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:36:33 pm »

Fabulous!

90 shillings awarded - Farfar
qom_riyadh
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 12:18:03 pm »

1) The task is still open
2) Let me know when will be the gold delivered to me, eh?
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:23:06 am »

Khaelieth staggered off his ship. He had to keep it hidden nowadays, don't want any sneaky tax collectors near it! It's my fish, he thought. But the Barony needs gold, apparently. His pockets need shillings though. Gathering his equipment, namely his clothes, a bedroll, some rum, a bit of smoked fish and a lot of patience, Khaelieth ghosted off into the forest...

After a while, he finally saw the tops of the Mountains of Avarice. His keen elven eyes quickly saw rain would catch him, he pulled his cloak tighter around him and glided on to reach the mountains. At the bottom of the slopes, he sat down to test his patience...

Quickly deciding that you don't say please to any mountain, he concluded a few things... He was the Avatar's gift to women. And women were the Avatar's gift to him. Oh, and that he would sit there until the mountain yielded the gold!

As expected, the mountain finally gave up after a few hours, and agreed to Khaelieth reasonable demands. But then it dawned on Khaelieth... He didn't have any way of getting 200 ingots to Cove! There was nothing to it; summoning beasts of burden had to be done!

After some careful consideration, Khaelieth finally found out ways to get alligators and snow leopards to carry ingots.

*A note is left on Qom's desk*

I have 200 gold ingots, freshly minted, ready to be picked up.

*Signed* Khaelieth Llelmandred Kellenwyr Sereghyanda.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 05:30:12 am »

*reading the report, Qom nods approvingly*

An effective, yet uncommon way to mine resources, indeed...

60 shillings awarded - Khaelieth
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 11:12:07 am »

The Covian mint still requires 500 golden ingots.

Hup hup!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 12:23:39 am »

After requiring a large mining expedition in the task wanting dark shadow iron and dull copper I thought it would be a good idea to kill 2 birds with one stone and go after gold too!

I did not come across any gold before the first night came but after focusing my efforts onto it for the second day I managed to strike a good gold ore vein!

After mining for what seemed like hours I managed find enough to turn into 200 Gold Ingots and set off back for Cove to hand them in.

Fredrik Bloodaxe

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 03:49:07 pm »

50 Shillings Awarded - Fredrik Bloodaxe

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length