Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:20:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  The Amazing Jeckel Brothers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Jeckel Brothers  (Read 3168 times)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:38:27 pm »

(OOC: Just some out of character information stories. Enjoy!)

Part 1 – The Uniting 

"While twins by definition look almost identical; the personality of these two could hardly be more different.."

Jake’s mother portrayed him as many things when being asked to describe him. One thing that stood out as the strongest was always her view of him as “kindness itself”. Jake had never any problem living up to how his mother saw him; there was always someone who seemed to needed a helping hand, and Jake was never late to lend his.

Jake was well known in most parts of the Britain community as a compassionate and helping individual, who would more then gladly sacrifice his own bread to feed a less fortunate. Even though he felt great happiness and content in helping others, there was something missing.

Another dreadful day, Jack thought to himself. Little to do except staring at some pig faced regular or slob watchman. Even Shadwell seemed less interested in lending Jack a hand; with an even more watching eye of the church, his grainy uncle seemed slightly more careful of what he did, or rather of what he did not.

As Jack stood in the dinning hall of the barracks grumbling to himself, a familiar face opened the massive iron doors: It was his not-so-much-older brother Jake. Jake gave Jack a soft grin as he spoke calmly:
“Greetings dear brother..”
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:52:18 pm by Jack Sinist » Logged

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:08:01 pm »

Part II – Malicious Meditation

“Meditation!? I’m surprised, which clearly proves the lack of your presence. Now don’t go about thinking I missed you or anything. You’re still a nuisance!”
“Oh give it up brother!”
“Hmpfh!”

Jack was haunted by the echoing words of his brother.
‘Meditation is the only way of finding your inner self. I fear what you might find, but it is information that most likely will change your entire life.’
Whatever was he talking about? He already knew what he was aiming for, his life goals were clear! Or perhaps they weren’t, perhaps he needed more guidance to be able to reach his goals. Jake was seldom wrong about these things, Jack thought to himself, so he might as well try it.

Jack sat in the middle of the pitch dark room in a lotus position, taking a deep breath and trying to focus his mind.
‘Right.. What did Jake say again? Focus your mind towards the centre of your forehead and press the energy back.’
As he focused harder and longer, his mind took the shape of a pitch dark room, much like the one he was sitting in. A dripping sound could be heard in the distance..

*drip*
Liberating silence..
*drip*
So quiet..
*drip*
A dark, demanding voice..
“Jack..”
*drip*
“Y-Yes?”
“Jaaack..”
“W-what!?”
“Shhh.. don’t wake the minions! ..You disappoint me Jack.”
“I-I do? W-Who are you??”
“You summoned aid.. it hurts me that I have yet to receive a sacrifice for it.”
“I-I’m sorry! P-please spare me! I will.. I will make an excellent sacrifice, I promise!
“HAHA! DO NOT MAKE A MOCKERY OUT OF ME. YOU IMPETUOUS FOOL!
“NO! I swear on my life! I swear on my family! I swear on the citizens of Cove..”
*..drip*
“H-Hello..?”
*drip..*

*drop..*

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 11:20:08 am »

Part III - A Call for Action

Jack rushed up the moist stone padded stairs towards his uncle’s office. The sun was glimmering over the puddles that had been created by last nights intense raining, but Jack took no notice of the beauty that the surrounding areas of the barracks where in this fine morning. One thing, and one thing alone was on the mind of the young guardsman..

“Uncle!” he cried as he busted into Commander Shadwell’s dim office.

Shadwell looked up with tired eyes from a scroll with the Vesper emblem on.

“..yes?”
“I heard him! H-He came to me!!”
“..Have you gone insane on me boy?”
“I heard him while meditating. H-He said that he was disappointed and that he wanted a sacrifice, and he wants it now!”

Shadwell’s reaction could easily be read by the amount of red blood corpuscles suddenly shooting up to his face.

“SILENCE! You fool..”

Shadwell sat down in his comfortably padded chair and covered his face with his hands and groaned loudly.

“U-Uncle?”
“There is no time.. It’s to dangerous! Have you seen the amount of witch hunter in Cove lately!? There is no way we could..”
“Fine! I’ll do it myself! You would just slow us down, with your pegged leg and all!”
“Jack, don’t do this..”

But Jack couldn't hear him anymore, as he had already left the office in a hurry, running down from the barracks into the waste Covian forest.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:43:53 am by Jack Sinist » Logged

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:13:35 am »

Part IV - The End of a Warrior and Birth of a Mage

"Men who sacrifice might gain wisdom."

Stapling out of the church, a robed witch hunter glaring at a slightly shorter creature whirring around outside the church; the goblin put his tongue and gave out a giggling laughter. The slightly crazed looking witch hunter gave chase, yelling after the goblin.  For you see, embedded into the regular exercise laid an epic chase after random goblins..

Jake had just finished helping a fisherman stacking his crates upon a wagon when he sensed a dark tone in his mind. What was this he thought to himself while walking away from the sea stanched Covian dock. Night was just around the corner and Jack looked at the glistering water that was reflected by the moon. He had enjoyed his brother’s presence but could not help to feel as if there were something missing, something important.

Jake had received his powers by the blessing of the Avatar, this by being a good and kind young man, praying and meditating daily. Jack however, had not received a blessing from the Avatar, this due to his dysfunctional behaviour and dark mind, but also because of his lack of meditation. But.. what had happened when Jake had told his brother to mediate, what did he find out? Jake was worried.. he was worried but knew that it was necessary to keep everything at balance.

Shining was the sun when the witch hunter had started his epic hunt for the abomination they called goblin. As the hunt proceeded, the trees around him became thicker and darker: it was night.

The witch hunter was not put down by the darkness but kept chasing the little creature, now with squinting eyes to be able to make the movements out. The robe fluttered as he ran, as he left his focus for one second to admire the length of the hunt he accidentally stepped on a barely noticeable root, clumsily stepping on the side of his foot and thus losing balance. The witch hunter rumbled down on the moist forest ground, spurring leafs around him into a wild dance.

What was this? A piece of armour starred back into the eyes of the witch hunter, a piece of shadow iron shoulder pads by the looks of it. But what was Covian armour doing out here in the deep far away forest? Hm.. there is another! The witch hunter followed the trace of armour until he heard a noise: a mumbling, a pleading, a laughing.. a sacrifice!

A richly decorated altar was standing in the middle of an opening in the forest with living fires on each side. The decorations consisted of severed body parts, their origin was impossible to make out in the darkness. An unconscious woman lay on the altar with steaming hot blood pouring out from her sides.

A mace and shield could be seen on each side of the robed man that sat kneeled at the altar, bowing irregularly, chanting silently; “Please accept my offering oh-mighty-one. Please accept my offering of power and knowledge!”

The witch hunter needed not to think twice before charging, raising his sword in one hand and his cross in the other shouting out loudly while charging with full power: “Die heathen! Back to the pits of where thou came!”
To clumsily! The robed man quickly turned around and raised his hand at the witch hunter and had but one thought in his head: "fire"
The Witch Hunter staggered a few steps as his whole self began to ignite flames and finally became a walking bonfire. He managed to take a few steps forward before collapsing into a pile of burnt flesh.

The robed figure looked at his hand, smiling to himself; "Finally.."

(OOC: I'm a bad author, but I wanted to give some kind of reason to why Jack became a mage. I was supposed to write this before I started using magery in game. But oh well. Hope it didn't suck to much. The End!)

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 02:24:04 am »

They're neat! I like the way he get's his powers from teh Guardian... Wink

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 07:06:30 am »

I knew something was up with that Sinist!! Always reading.... taint normal at all!!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length