Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:52:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Junior Trial ~ Faden Wildheart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Junior Trial ~ Faden Wildheart  (Read 4828 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:04:57 pm »

Ah, Faden. Time fer yer Junior Trial eh? Yer still young enough ter make Senior I reckon. Providing ye live long enough ter make Regular.

We can't just have anyone swannin' around as Regular Guardsmen ye know. Ye will have ter prove yerself worthy, so this trial will test organisational and leadership skills to the limit.

Junior Wildheart, here are yer trials. They will last at least one week.

Task 1 - Rampant Recruiter.

Ye will lead 3 seperate recruitment missions to New Haven.

See that a variety of different sized recruitment banners are placed at the public moongate, both main gates, outside the bank, the warrior's training area, docks and throughout the old town. Ye will also construct a Covian outpost with recruitment stall which you will man for at least 30 minutes while ye and yer men seek ter entice the passing adventurers to carve out a life in Cove.

Make sure that ye have a member of Command in attendance on these missions so that any prospective recruits can be signed up as soon as possible.

Task 2 - Tournament Organiser.

Ye are to arrange a tournament for the warriors of Cove. Ye may invite towns and factions that are not hostile to us if ye wish. Hold the tournament in Cove town, building an arena and seating area for spectators.

Organise a refreshments stall, employing some of our civilians to staff it. Perhaps Railen could help out if she can get time off from the Goblin. Ye will also create a poster to advertise yer event on notice boards around Cove and further afield if ye do decide to invite foreign warriors to attend.

Ye may also wish to impose a few restrictions such as whether or not to permit magelings to take part, limiting the number of bandages per duel, restricting the use of petals, potions and prayers (Chivalry).

Task 3 - Leader Of Men.

I was impressed with the recent mission ye led into Tokuno. Let's see if ye can impress me even more. Ye are to collect two trophies for the glory of Cove along with 30,000 coins on each expedition for the coffers.

Lead hunting expeditions to retrieve the Tongue Of The Golden Dragon (Paragon Dragon) and the Tooth Of The Bone Dragon (Skeletal Dragon) trophies as well as 30,000 coins from each trip.

Good luck Faden.

If ye have any questions yer know where my office is.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 02:31:41 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:55:04 pm »

Task One ~ Rampant Recruiter ~ Part One

Lead by:
Faden Wildheart

Attended by:
Abigail Keres
Kal Shadowhand
Tuatha De Dannaa

---

Faden read this task and thought, ''we need more recruits eh, we all have to do our part''.

After rallying up willing participants at the barracks they realised they were short on some supplies. Faden gathered the cloth and books. Abigail Keres created 20 runes, Matt turned up and provided many crates, a table and chairs. They were set so they headed off to Haven.

Haven't was quiet and a recent recruitment visit by another guild had taken most of the potiental recruits away from Haven. The guardsmen didn't let this stop them. Abigail placed herself on a large banner and started out some witty banter as she does. New recruit Tuatha was learning how a recruitment mission operates and followed commands exceptionally, he placed banners in the warrior training camp.

Unfortunately no one was recruited this eve but maybe next time!

Sketch below:

Image removed due to poor image host!

Signed,
Faden Wildheart
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:54:07 pm by Faden » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:21:26 pm »

A fine start to your trials Faden. Keep it up.

Get the buggers next time I say!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 02:15:23 am »

Task Three ~ Leader Of Men ~ Part One

Lead by:
Faden Wildheart

Attended by:
Railen
Louis Calavera
Kas Valentine
Katryn Wakefield
Morgar Dyn
Bersi
Mercy
Elizabeth Martin

---

My my, this was a nightmare but a grand challenge at least! We travelled to Valor in Ilshenar after reviewing many maps. After roaming the woods we stumbled upon a bridge which lead north to a mountain. The mountain was over flowing with snake type creatures, lizzard men and other nasty Guardian creatures! We stayed here for a long time hoping to see the Golden Dragon but it never appeared. A vast number of golden creatures were here such as the lizzard men, crocodile creatures and snake creatures but no dragons. We took up the Arkay maneuver in the mountain pass, it helped us greatly.

We looked at our maps again and decided to visit a moongate called Humility. From the gate we traveled South through a small opening in the mountain, spiked logs guarding the narrow gap, bones piled high on the floor. We soon reached and entered Kirin Passage. Here we navigated through winding pathways towards a clearing in the west. This large opening contained many dragons and drakes. We had finally found the home of the beasts! After slaying at least one hundred and fifty of them, which took around two hours! The Golden Dragon finally appeared. Many of us were knocked down but quickly pulled to our feet by the other guardsmen. Great team work resulted in our victory! The beast was slain and I pulled its tongue from its stinking mouth!

Nearly Fifty thousand shillings were collected and put in to the coffers.

Sketch below:

I would like to thank everyone who attended.

Signed,
Faden Wildheart
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:59:01 am by Faden » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:24:32 pm »

Damn fine work Fadders!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 11:08:43 pm »

Also...

25 Shillings awarded ~ Railen Morana.

Well done lass.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 12:43:10 am »

Task Three ~ Leader Of Men ~ Part Two

Lead by:
Faden Wildheart

Attended by:
Raiden Morana
Bersi
Gilraen
Millicent (Grd)
Heimveg (Grd)
Vurd (Grd)
Killian (Grd)

---

Kill a Bone Dragon they said, What!! A dragon is bad enough but an undead one?! - This was just insane. After a training session I rallied up some Covians and Yewish and we headed off to the Rat Dungeon but first stopped off at the Meer Village and butchered some helpless Meers. Raiden was right, they live in nice houses and seem really wealthy, suspicious if you ask me!

We entered the dungeon and were greeted by the rat cratures, it was like how the women surround Kas... we fought them off easily enough and some elementals. After entering a passage way we found the Bone Dragons, three of them. Many of us were knocked, someone nearly lost his hat but we found it! We managed to kill 2 Bone Dragons, the third ran off with its tail between its legs squeeling like a Vespian at a singing competition.

I removed one of the Bone Dragon's heads as I hear they are quite tasty. I'll remove its teeth once I've finished with it.

Just over Thirty Four thousand shillings were collected and put in to the coffers.

Sketch below:

Many thanks to everyone who attended including our Yewish friends!

Signed,
Faden Wildheart

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 01:12:03 am »

Task One ~ Rampant Recruiter ~ Part Two

Lead by:
Faden Wildheart

Attended by:
Bersi
Gabriel Drachen
Kerri
Rita Whalebite
Ruby Whalebite
Zakery Kelliniear
Torrak Keres

---

Damn another recruitment task.

I managed to grab a few guardsmen and head off to Haven, we stayed there longer than thirty minutes and a few people came by. I gave each guardsman a task to place banners in each required area. Kere's was pimping Cove like crazy and managed to get a few people interested. We tried to get someone else to join but he had promised to join another town, which he couldn't remember the name, we gave him a flyer and map back to Cove. Haven sure is quiet.

Ah yes, both the Whalebite's got in a brawl too.

Sketch below:

Signed,
Faden Wildheart

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:22:51 am »

Task One ~ Rampant Recruiter ~ Part Three

Lead by:
Faden Wildheart

Attended by:
Zakery Kelliniear
Kerri
Gabriel Drachen
Keane Wakefield
Keitaro Kazami
Raphielle

---

Three trips to fine New Haven. We went, we saw and we conquered. We handed out many leaflets and placed many banners. A few people were interested so we gave them the flyers.

Animals started to invade the main square but they were swiftly delt with.

Sketch below:

Signed,
Faden Wildheart

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 01:31:52 am »

Excellent work Fadders!

The 'Staple Belt' is in sight!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 01:43:01 am »

Task One ~ Rampant Recruiter ~ Part Three

Lead by:
Faden Wildheart

Attended by:
Vaughn Goodwill
Gabriel Drachen
Zakery Kelliniear
Keane Wakefield
Raven

---

Tis sure been a busy day!

Tonight I held a ladder type fighting tournament to see who Coves greatest fighter was. I was disapointed by the amount of people who showned up but on with the show! Thanks to Axiana for providing the excellent food!

It was a knock out tournament, the winner went through to the next round.

Round one: Keane v Raven > WINNER = Keane
Round two: Faden v Zakery > WINNER = Faden
Round three: Vaughn v Gabriel > Winner = Vaughn, Gabriel surrendered
Final round: Faden v Vaughn v Keane > Winner = Vaughn!

We finished up with a free for all which Faden won.

Thanks to all who attended.

Sketch below:

Signed,
Faden Wildheart
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:54:18 am by Faden » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 02:33:27 am »

Damn fine work Fadders.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length