Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:36:50 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Militia Duties: Tax Blockade - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Militia Duties: Tax Blockade - COMPLETED  (Read 2286 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: May 11, 2005, 08:16:55 pm »

Militia Duties: Tax Blockade

In order to support funding for the Covian Roadlink Project, the Baronship Council has decided to tax the great road from Vesper to Britain Crossroads. A blockade shall be constructed by the Cove Militia on the road just north of Cove. All travellers are to be stopped and taxed an amount of fifty gold pieces. If they nay have the funds and cannot pay this tax, they are to be turned around on their way. If they attempt to pass the Blockade without paying, they are to be arrested.

Objectives
* Set up a Blockade on the road north of Cove.
* Charge travellers fifty gold pieces for the Roadlink Project.

Conditions
* Blockade must be constructed and held for at least thirty minutes.
* At least five guardsmen (any) must be involved in its construction.
* At least two guardsmen must be manning the Blockade at any time.
* A full report, with paintings, must be submitted on THIS THREAD.

Notes
* Patrols may be sent out from the Blockade and go toward Administration points.
* Bring food, drink, and a dice and cup! (But nay let any Officers see)

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council

Administration: Through attending this Duty, all guardsmen will have completed two Gate Sentry points, and X amount of patrols (depending on how many are sent out).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:36:52 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:56:03 am »

I apply for the "Tax blockade" duty.

*Signed*
Watchman Delacarakdur

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Feraz
Elder Warrior, Screwup and Legendary Imbecile of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

For the Baronship i fall!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 09:32:58 am »

I wish ter sign up fer the Tax dutys

*signed neatly*
Junior Guardsman Feraz

Gregor Eason
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 01:50:13 pm »

Superb! Muster the Rohirr.... Er.... Cove Militia!

Commander Eason,
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 11:53:28 pm »

North Road from Cove
Taxing Blockade
Led by Kal ShadowHand
*Gimbly,Junior Grenadier
*Vlad, Guardsman Recruit

After meeting at the Barracks waiting to see how all was going to show up Gimbly, Vlad and I set out to the north of the road from Cove to set up a small blockade so we could start taxing the people that wanted to pass. When we got ther we then started setting up. We used what materials we had and then set out to collect a few hides to cover out wall,( What wall we could place). We finally got everything set up the best we could.

We then were ready to do our task as it came forth, But there was action yet. But shortly after setting up Commander Eason and Valiro came up to check on us and loik I thought it was no where the way it should have been,So Commander Eason set out to see if he could muster up a carpenter to come give us a hand on finishing it up.

Before the Commander could leave a stranger came up and was refusing to pay the Tax to pass and before we knew it, out from no where Valiro appeared and attacked the man so he ran and Valiro and I gave chace. It was a good chace but we cought and tripped him up and the collected his tax that he so much didn't want to pay. We then thanked him and sent him on his marry way.

We then finally got a carpenter to show up to help this the repairs to the camp when some Briggans showed up and knocked our North door down, So Gimbly and I knocked them down and I collect there taxes for to Barron and extra for the dammaged door.

I then stood in the door way so no one come in till we could get another one to replace it.
            After everything had settled and colmed down another stranger come up by the name of *Malkronis* who was asking us what gave us the right to tax the road and was in some what of a way refussing to pay,alway triing to get  aroung it by changeing the subject. He walked around inside the Blockade till one of them Ogers came up and wanted to get him so Vlad and I told him if he payed us the 50 Crowns the Oger would die and leave him alone,but he did not pay and ended up killing it himself with that whytchy stuff loik Kas uses. The Commander came up and the man started talking to him asking him what kind of Guardsman we were suposed to be, The Commander replyed,{Them some of the best men we got} Afta triing to say that he paid me he finally gave in and dropped 50 crowns on the ground, Which I gathered up and put with the other Taxes we collected.

Before the man could leave Recruit Vlad was at the South door with a little trouble out side, The commandor and I walked over to see what it was and there stood the Britain Guardsmen,

They were demanding that we open the doors and to let them pass, Telling us that this was the kings road and that they walk where they please. The commander then set a few pigeons to flight to summons some back-up, and triing to explain to them that this road was in the provence of the Baron and that the Baron could taz what ever he wanted.
     After discussing who owned the road they readied their arms and were ordered to tare it down so we answered with our arms and tore them down like they did out walls.

After we stopped the distruction of out walls we helped them up to show them that we were not that mean we then collected their taxes and sent them on their way with their tail between their legs. We then broke camp and headed out after being dissmissed back to the barracks.

Gregor Eason
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 02:41:52 am »

OUTSTANDING report, Watchman ShadowHand.
A fine, fine effort indeed.

Commander Eason,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length