Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:04:16 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  A rough letter. (Not send yet)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A rough letter. (Not send yet)  (Read 1737 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:45 am »

*A letter*

Corporal Bersi, I come to you in a urgent need of aid.

We spoke only earlier this day of the man Kal Shadowhand, I think I recorded most of it to my memory, but some diagrams and such are included if you yourself might have dismissed it as a old mans ravings...

As you can see, some of the things we spoke of might have reflected poorly on people, as you might also recall Kobra left the tavern angry his friend was upset, I assume Kal is a good enough assassin to enter his own drinking hole which his uncle owned, perhaps a secret entrance... none the less I believe he heard most of our conversation, I haste to say I am writting this letter fearing for the life of myself.

Shortly after you left, the tavern went quiet, I was approached by a man looking for Kiran, a man I later come to know as Luke Mcloud, however this man proved at first wishing to speak to me of removing someone, as I seemed the man for the task, confused he mentioned names, some of people who work for me within the tax industry, I was sadly confused and went to speak to the man, at that time however I was to have a meeting with Maccen, the citizen present at the talk we had, as he needed to speak of taxes and that Boarding house plan.

Luckily for me he was there, as you can see from my diagrams this man Luke was rather threatening, he never quite said it, but he was carrying full armour, I wont go into detail here as it is in the diagram below.

I was puzzled, confused and slightly curious, this man had spoken ill of me, however he claimed to have knowledge of something and he wishes to talk to me. I of course did not go alone speaking to local citizens and such whom has worked for me, or rather enjoy the taxes which bring them off the street.

We were to meet this man in New hope, I was unaware of the place, however the man Maccen as a hunter had a good knowledge of local places. I have made some diagrams from what I recall...

As you can see I was assaulted, the name of Shadowhand mentioned a couple of times... I passed out as he continues to beat me, twisting my broken nose, in the end kicking me full in the face, I am sorry to say I am more shocked than hurt... I do not handle pain easily, but so caught unaware I was instantly knocked out, I am unsure what he did to me during..

My men were making sure I got out safe, after many minutes passed they came to look for me, however someone else was outside they say. A  man clad in a scout uniform they later revealed was Kal Shadowhand himself, this Luke somehow related to them... you see what I meant about the damn family all being involved, the uncle taking the tavern, all string on Kal's masterly skilled puppertering ways... However he did not come to my aid, helping a council member of Cove, claiming by eye witnesses that without the Baron here he did not have to help me, he even said he would help me if they gave him ten thousand shillings... what kind of man has he become... his demotion I assume must have made him furious, planning to threaten me, hurting me most foul only after my recent return, stretching his powers.. as I spoke to you of, I also have other evidence of this man being most foul... I have included the out stretches of such deeds, not all of them however, as some i must explain further on, and I do not wish to keep you from important duties too, I do understand a officer such as yourself can't be expected to listen to a old mans ravings, but hear me out.

A man known as Darwin reported this to me out of fear I believe, and a finer man of Cove I do not know, however as he is merely a citizen I understand the lack perhaps of wishing to investigate further... however...

A old report I gave to the commander of Cove, I am unsure wheteher you read the full report concerning Aliryl and her corruption... none the less I thought I remind you of the torture I spoke of...

Perhaps not concerning Kal, but evidently not the first time the scouts do torture without consulting their commanders, making their juniour members scapegoats as I assume Kal did to Aliryl, still to this day that story is sketchy on what he done.

Again he appears mysterious, what man has ten thousand coins laying about who is not corrupt to the bone...

I have included signatures of guardsmen who are brave enough to come forward, and only some evidence as some people, even like myself, is scared witless what this madman might do next.

*A couple of signatures..*

Maccen,
Rachael,
Salleh
Kiran,
Kas Valentine (This signature seems to have a sickly ammount of flamboyancy to it..)

I left out many more who were too afraid.

I need help, Corporal, if anyone finds out I written this to you I am a dead man. Do not speak of it to the other officers, I been gone a whole year, I do not know myself who is compromised, I am even sad to say my trust in you is doubtful, he seems to have clutches on everyone important, waiting to take over Cove slowly but surely.

I will include more information when I find it, I am sat writting this, my nose broken, newly remended, I apologise for the haste but I fear for my life.

Kiran, Bailiff of Cove, member of the council.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length