Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:10:58 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *Raised voices can be heard from the Baron's office*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *Raised voices can be heard from the Baron's office*  (Read 2396 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 12:07:07 pm »

The Baron glared fiercely at Tiberius, and just from this Tiberius knew that he had not been called to the Baron's office for any sort of good reason. All hopes of a pay rise or medal were dashed as the Baron gesticulated with such force that random items of stationary left his desk and clattered onto the floor. When the Covian ruler finally spoke, the raised tone of his voice caught Tiberius totally off guard.

"What the bloody hell am I paying you for!?"

Tiberius stood confused for a brief moment, thinking it would probably be best to get more details before justifying his existence.

"My lord?"

"Don't you "my lord me", Kane!" snapped the Baron as he agitatedly shook his quill. "Two battles lost in as many days; what the bloody hell are you doing, man!?"

Tiberius winced, but remained silent. He glanced around the room, trying to avoid the Baron's gaze. The Covian soldier distracted himself for a brief moment by looking out of a window but it was only a temporary respite as the Baron broke in again.

"Speak up, Kane! Don't tell me you've gone mute!" The statement was followed by more angry quill waggling and Tiberius decided now was probably the time to try and avert being hung.

"Ehh.. Well, we were quite heavily outnumbered sah. We didn't do too badly under the circumstances, if I may say so."

"Not too bad for the circumstances!? Are you entirely devoid of a brain, Kane!? I've heard you weren't even around for the battle yestereve! I bet you were drunk in a gutter somewhere!"

Tiberius attempted to protest, but the Baron merely carried on regardless.

"I don't want any more of your bloody excuses, Kane! I want results, results I say!" The Baron emphasised the word results by stabbing at the air with the quill sending ink flying over the nearby globe. "You've got one week. Either win a victory during that time or die trying! If you fail.. Don't bother coming back! You're a rogue, Kane, and I've got too many of those! I need some winners I say! You should be more like Gimbly! He's bald and he still fights like hell!"

Tiberius groaned quietly, he considered reminding the Baron about his past work but he knew that would only get his time shortened. There was a brief moment of silence before the Baron started again.

"Why are you still here, Kane!? The clock is ticking!" The Baron pointed to the clock on the wall, which had in actual fact stopped working over two hours ago, but Tiberius decided against pointing this out. "Get out of my sight! My physician advises against any strenuous activity and you're bad for my health, Kane!"

The former mercenary didn't have to be told twice to get away from there and scurried out of the door without another word. He closed the door as carefully as possible and immediately began cursing under his breath, only brought back to day to day reality by a snickering recruit who had obviously heard the Baron.

"What the bloody hell are you laughin' at!? Go out and chop some logs, ye tramp!" barked Tiberius at the hapless recruit before returning to his own looming problem. One week, oh Avatar's holy arse, he'd have to pull something pretty damn spectacular out of the Covian cap to save his hide this time...

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:09:09 pm »

"(...) He's bald and he still fights like hell!"

[OOC]Brilliant! Made me laugh a ton... Grin[/OOC]
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:15:23 pm »

Oh Lord! Why do we lose.. all i've seen is us winning fights recently.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:35:32 pm »

We see the wins because of good media. We never see the loses becasue of good politics.... simple really.

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length