Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:29:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  TALW contracts AAG!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TALW contracts AAG!  (Read 3090 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:02:28 pm »

Recently I've met with mister Faden Wildheart at the Arkay's Archery Guild school, to discuss all matters needed to complete the missing furniture. Mister Wildheart had already planned everything, the agreements were made quickly and without any problems.

As I returned to my workshop, I've count some prices, amount of time and overall complexity of the order, and prepared the contract, approved by the AAG, represented by mister Wildheart himself.

If everything will go as planned, the furniture should be ready this weekend, as agreed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:41:22 pm by Qom Riyadh » Logged
qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »

Being honest, working with wood isn't a thing that much fun, to do interesting reports about. But the devil is in the details, as they say.

Each crafter will admit, that you put a little part of yourself to each thing that you made. your time, your patience, your thought, your sweat, your pain. Also during work, you have loads of time to think. Think about different matters - from the most little, to the ones of highest importance. Like, why the chicken crossed the street. Or how many devils fits on the head of a needle. Or how many wood would wood-chuck chuck, if a wood-chuck could chuck wood. Or... *sighs*
On the other hand, you are flooded with ideas how to improve your house. "I'll move that wall a meter farther. No, 1.5 metre. No..." Recently I was wondering who was dumb enough to steal a bunch of furniture from an archery school. Maybe some wicked woodworm-breeder. Or he needed loads of toothpicks. Damn, I'm the one to make toothpicks here! But when you will get too far with your thinking, you won't even notice, that you don't have any spare room to place the things you make. Well, I'll really have to move that damn wall...
Sometimes you need help of others. People or animals, what's the difference. It's only needed to move wares from one place to another. At least in this situation. Ahh, how many packhorses I've had... Deeageael, Hayabuser, Tydurniu... I can't count how many were slain by ogres, when I was choppin wood. Poor animals. They serve us so loyal, and what they get in return? A heap of hay? Some sugar? They live only to serve. I wonder what would they do if they had a choice. Pfft, have a look at some wild mustang horses, galloping through a valley... Pure freedom...
And what for is all of this? To see a happy grin on the face of another satisfied customer. And a nice, uplifting feeling of a pouch filled with shiny gold coins. Of course, it's not all about money... Yeah, right... But, you know, customer pays, customer expects. And of course no matter how low the price you quote, they always want to lower it. And lower, and lower... Damn! They expect that I'll be selling wares below the price I get wood?!? Bright day robbery!!
But finally, after you exchange all that "Hellos" and "Howareyous", leave the craftables, you feel satisfied. At least to the moment, when you recall that the mighty foot of time pushed you into the dust of the earth another centimetres more. And that time was spent on making some dumb stools. You return home, land tiresome in the chair, open an ale... Until dusk, when you have to wake up early, again feel that great sensation when splinter hurts your fingers, and your ol' friendly hammer smash your thumb again... Ehh, a typical SSDD - Same Shit Different Day...

*Qom wakes up suddenly. Stands up, scratching his chin; small bits of wood are pressed deep in skin of his face. Looks into the mirror, and with a silent, hoarse voice says... Too much nightshade ya eijit, waay to much...*
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:57:27 pm »

Damn fine work Citizen and an excellent report too!

100 Shillings awarded - Qom!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length