Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:38:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The unluckiest man alive ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The unluckiest man alive ??  (Read 1954 times)
Banedon
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2005, 12:55:27 am »

Am I the unluckiest man alive ??

Well, I decided to take a stroll round my house tonight, eager to check on the progress of my vendors etc. Imagine my surprise when I suddenly become aware of an enemy guild member flashing up on my screen.

Naturally, I would assume that I have flashed up on his screen too, for he suddenly came charging into my house, as its public for the vendors, and went into war mode, and was stood on the otherside of a secure door looking to fight with me.  To make matters worse, the chap in question, one Raphael D'Eath was wearing a full suit of Stat enhancing armour, and using a magical weapon with lightning on it.

Now I know I am new to the Guild and to Roleplaying, But I have read from the CORE rules of engagement that he must identify me first etc, and  be within line of sight, and I can only assume other roleplaying guilds have the same ruiles for armour etc ? This guild member had to run at least a full screen to locate me in my house, and unless he has superman like vision, he shouldnt have run into the house for me.

If i knew how to contact their Guild Leader, I would be putting in a complain right now to him about his members breaking rules etc.

Now thankfully, I simply changed to a non BoC toon and asked him what he was playing at, only to discover another interesting fact, the actual guild house for Umbra guild is also located one screen away from my own house... boo hoo...

Now tell me I am not the unluckiest man here ?

Coma Black
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 07:44:20 am »

If I were you, I would have put on my magical armour and whacked him one Tongue but thats just me.

And yes you are right he shouldn't have tried to attack you perhaps Octi can look into who this "gentleman" is? and find his GM?

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:48:01 am »

weird, very bad RP. I'd also arm up and whack him  Wink
Nashiem De'Monti
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:29:20 am »

I get the feeling theres no need ... MyUO lists te guy as unguilded
Cassius Livius
The One & Only
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:25:44 pm »

http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.pl?52616e646f6d4956d56c4b8de2c33edf58be2c7b78a378f159c162b91763d33943e1c1a7fb3ab70da9743b6a0f6d2edb599843ad00522075

Shows the guy is in [Umb] to me but i think maby he's a newbie as his chars a mess.

http://www.vvv-hengelo.nl/~barney/reloaded/reloaded_dread_rock_mix.html

Four Faction Stones.. One Of Them Has Your Name On It
Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 01:53:25 pm »

This situation will be handled by BoC command as it should.. An enemy guild member breaking the rules doesn't justify you doing the same towards him.

And his guild house being located just a few screens away from you doesn't give him the right to break the rules and use his ''superman vision'' to track you down and attempts to knock you while wearing illegal armour and weapons.

But don't worry a complaint will be put in with the Umb GM and we'll see what we can settle with their guild about this member.

For any other complaints don't hesitate to ask myself or one of the other command members.
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »

I got good contact with the Umb GM as i used to be the AGM of Umb... I'll talk to him about it..

Joseph
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 08:35:12 pm »

[Marduk] I will deal with Mr De'Eath, it is very unfurtunate something like this happened to you. De'Eath did something no one in Umbra normally does, we're a good bunch and good role-players in Umbra. Is your house in near Umbra?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length