Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:01:17 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Idea!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Idea!!  (Read 2129 times)
Averion
« on: November 26, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »

This is my idea for the citizen element!

As you probably know, there is already a player run company in the citizen element. (Toothpick and loveseats :Qom Ridyah)
I would like to make my own. It's name shall be something like,...The Spade And Shovel Workers.
This is where my idea comes into place!
Upon joining the citizens, people may choose to join one of out companies. Where they shall be set seperate tasks. On the citizen task board...The company that shall be filling the order or whatever it is shall post "Completed, report shall be done soon, (Company name)"
This makes the citizens part of the guild more fun...adding a sense of conflict to it.
The company that has the most shillings at the end of the month...should get a reward. The normal promotion system is still in place. Also...the company owner should get to set thier employee's seperate tasks...this could be done perhaps on a seperate board or just in game.
*Signed* Edward O'shea, Commoner!
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 05:57:19 pm »

An interesting idea, though it's sort of in place already.  Civilians who've reached the Rank of Burgher can hire the lower ranked citizens and set them tasks. 

Another board would probably just confuse things.  This board can be used for a lot of the citizen stuff.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:39:01 pm »

Actually even as a commoner I hired mister Jarl few times (although as a commoner I shouldn't, since he has a higher rank).

So I think that your ideas (although very good) would be possible when our civ society will raise in numbers and the ranks will differ more. Then it would be more possible to fulfill all of planned relations within civilian society.

Here we come to the fact, that unless civilians will be played mostly as alts, this part of BoC will expand slower, than military. And the dependency is simple - low count of citizens = low number of tasks caused by low diversity of players.

On the other hand, since we have some decent crafters between civilians, wouldn't that be good to move all supplying / crafting / repairing to civilians? I know, few tasks of that type were done, but still i'm pretty sure that people which main chars are military and has crafting alts make necessary supplies themselves (which in means of UO is natural) but RP of the guild suffers that way.

Also I think someone should move this topic --> OOC board Smiley

Ahh, BTW - the name is Riyadh Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length