Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:12:22 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A Scroll Sealed With The Grenadier Seal Placed On The Baron's Desk*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A Scroll Sealed With The Grenadier Seal Placed On The Baron's Desk*  (Read 1166 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:51:36 pm »

Sire,

I fear Kiran is abusing his position as Bailiff and tainting the good name of the Baronial Household with his dealings in your name.

He attended last eve's parade with his cronies in tow, including Senior Arcanist Valentine who should have been on parade with the rest of the men. The Bailiff presumes to wield the Grand Covian Army to collect taxes from barmaids and lumberjacks. As ye are well aware sire, Valentine needs little enough excuse as it is to neglect his duty yet the Bailiff encourages him so.

It has also been brought to my attention that Covian subjects are being taxed repeatedly for the same period and few are given receipts of payment. No wonder then that Kiran is also setting himself up as a money lender. It seems strange to me sire that a man of such humble background in Cove, that of a barkeep, can suddenly boast such wealth as to offer out vast amounts of shillings for loan.

The lack of receipts and detailed ledgers of his activities nay to mention the taxing and re-taxing of folk and his new venture as a money lender seem to smack of him taking liberties whilst in your service sire.

I firmly believe that your taxes are fair and that Covians should work hard and pay their way to keep the Baronship Household in good repair. I also believe those that dissent do so nay because taxes are imposed on them but at manner and frequency of which they are collected.

I believe Kiran seeks to deceive ye sire. Using his position to line his own pockets and reign terror on Covian subjects less fortunate than himself. It is also believed that he is the ringleader of an underground network of thugs and cutthroats. My men have infiltrated his gang on several occasions to gather evidence and the noose is about to close sire.

My liege, on your command sire I will rid us of this treacherous bastard.

*signed & stamped the the Grenadier seal*

Raiden Morana,
Commander, Grand Covian Army.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length