Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:45:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Household Staff Application
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Household Staff Application  (Read 4625 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:25:03 am »

*A letter of application is hand delivered to the Town Hall*

I, Amon Jarl, Covian Citizen, do hereby apply for a position in the Baron's Household staff.

I believe my range of skills would be a grand asset to the Household, especially the Baron's Own Grenadiers, as I can tend to armour repairs, forge new weapons, craft bows and fletch arrows and bolts as well as other general duties where my skill at carpentry and tinkering may be useful.

I am also quite good at acquiring items through various channels which may also be of benefit.

I look forward to hearing from you and any questions or tasks ye may have in mind.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Covian Citizen.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:39:49 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:43:41 am »

*A dignified letter arrives for Amon Jarl, Citizen of Cove*

Citizen Jarl,

As Baronial Smith, your Household duties will involve attending to the smithing needs of the Baron's Household, including his Grenadiers.  Duties will range from making and repairing common weapons, to producing ornamental pieces that the Baron would be proud to show off at state functions.  The Baron rides a fine horse.  It would be a cause of great embarrassment, not to mention possible disembowelment, if the Baron's horse was improperly shod, and the Baron was thrown as a result of this.  you must prove yourself worthy of such an important position.

1: Repair and polish the armour of at least two Grenadiers. 

2: Produce a brand new set of Grenadier armour. 

3: A tinker too, hmm?  The Household utensils are getting worn and tarnished.  Produce a full and comprehensive set of utensils.  This will include cutlery, plates, mugs and goblets.  For the Baron's personal use, produce a knife, fork, spoon, goblet and plate.  Out of gold. 

4: Demonstrate your skill at shoeing horses.  Find a Dragoon and shoe his horse.

5: Weapons and armour are only as good as the metal used in the forging.  Lead an expedition to the mountains and check on the quality of the ore for yourself.  You must take at least three Guardsmen and a miner, and produce a report on the quality of the ore being mined.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 08:24:07 am »

Amon read the tasks he must complete to gain entry into the Baron's Household. He pondered a little... "Well best get cracking!"

A new suit of Grenadier armour eh?

I'll make a suit to keep out a Marksman's bolt and Yewlander's axe that's for sure.

Amon sets about his task.

I slaved all day over this lot so I hope the fella who wears it doesn't get blood all over it!

The finished article.

Amon polished the bronze arms until he could see his reflection in them. Raiden walked past and nodded with a smile.

*signed flamboyantly*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 08:44:19 am »

Next job... A set of utensils for the Household stores.

Amon sat at his workbench, laid his tools out before him and set about his work.

Hmmm knife, fork, plate, spoon...

I think I've covered everything stated and also added a few knick-knacks that I hope will come in useful

I think that'll cover it.

Now for the Baron's gold dinner service!

*signed flamboyantly*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 08:04:51 pm »

Gold dinner service for the Baron... Good job I went diggin' fer gold then... Though I was hoping to keep it for myself... But it is for the Baron!

This golden plate will be fine enough to eat... er... your dinner off my Liege.

All done, a dinner service fit for a Baron!

*signed flamboyantly*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 09:29:31 pm »

My next task to shoe a Dragoon's horse eh?

Well i bumped into Mister Hoagie of the Dragoons and a goblin dressed as a guardsman outside the barracks.

I asked Mister Hoagie if i could shoe his horse only to find that he had apparently killed it.

Corporal Mela informed me so, but Hoagie did return with a horse so... *shrugs*

We made our way to the stables and i set about  my work.

No shoddy workmanship here!

It didn't take me too long and i'm sure my work impressed all those who watched. And the horse didn't seem to mind either.

All done!

*signed flamboyantly*

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:12:20 pm »

Good work so far!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 11:17:41 pm »

Where's all the glorious Grenadiers? I only ever see Raiden and Mister Valentine. *mutters*

Well Raiden always gets bashed up so he'll need his armour repairing for sure!

Meanwhile...

To work then... *gathers up tools and heads out to the forge*

Dented indeed!

I slaved all night fixing and shining that armour I hope our Corporal is grateful!

Now for Mister Valentine!

*signed flamboyantly*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 09:00:19 pm »

It seemed that the Grenadiers were a little thin on the ground but the Tavern seems to be teaming with them now *smirks slightly*

Those famous arms look a little dinted!

It seemed returning Junior Grenadier Darek Milako's kit needed a bit of a looking at so I led him to my forge and set about repairing his famed Grenadier armour.

I set about the repairs...

It didn't take me long to finish the repairs and give the armour a quick polish.

Look they're as good as new!

There ye go Sir.

Now for the expedition!

*signed flamboyantly*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:06:15 pm »

Mining Expedition

Led by:

Attended by:
Mat ShadowHand, Commoner (miner)
Hoagie, Dragoon Captain
Erik Arkay, Senior Guardsman
Flina Trix, Junior Dragoon (arrived near the end)
Dalamar, Junior Scout
Richard Reeth, Guardsman Recruit
Faden Wildheart, Guardsman Recruit

I rallied our expedition at the Cove town gates and when everyone was ready we made our way along the narrow cliffside path that leads to the mighty Glenmore mountains.

Civilians ready, pack horse ready, guardsmen ready... lets roll.

My task was to see what quality of ore could be mined from the mountains so once we were there the guardsmen set up an outpost and Mat and i got to work mining. There was nothing much but common ore to mine but then I struck GOLD!

Hardly a gold rush i know but...

Things seemed to be going well but then the mountain seemed to move and an agapite elemental sprung forth to attack us poor civilians. I tried to raise the alarm and the beast was taken down but not before poor old Mat took a nasty whack. At this point we stopped for a little food and refreshment

Ahhh. That's better!

We carried on a little while longer before packing up and heading back to Cove. It seems very little quality ore exists in the Glenmores but it seems to be a fine source of granite for our masons!

It's off to Cove we go!

Assessment of the Glenmore moutains: Very little quality ore but some fine granite!

*signed flambuyantly*

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 04:07:55 pm »

Excellently done Citizen Jarl!

Your formal acceptance into the Baron's Household will be scheduled as soon as possible. 

Also, here is your payment for such fine work.

200 shillings awarded - Amon Jarl
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 12:57:43 pm »

Grand work Amon!

I knew you'd put your past indescretions behind ye.

Also a here's a few shillings for Mat "Chopper" ShadowHand for helping on the expedition:

30 Shillings Awarded - Mat "Chopper" ShadowHand

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 05:28:02 pm »

Grand work Amon!

[OOC] Do you often speak to yourself? Smiley[/OOC]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length