Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:11:02 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | | |-+  [Ongoing Task] More Ore For The Stores
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Ongoing Task] More Ore For The Stores  (Read 4788 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:54:26 am »

The Task

The army stores need more resources to kit out folk with arms and armour.

Collect 2,000 Shadow Iron Ingots.
Collect 750 Dull Copper Ingots.

Conditions

No fewer than 250 and no more than 500 ingots may be collected at any one time.
You may collect these resources however you see fit; trade, mining alone or as part of an expedition or accompanying guardsmen on a hunt etc.
This task may be completed more than once by each character.

Reward

As always extra shillings will be awarded for the imagination of your report.

However the army has promised to pay a minimum of 40 shillings per intake of ingots. Again the more you put into the stores the more shillings will be awarded.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:06:43 am by Penny » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:41:07 pm »

With the aid of a party of Guardsman I set out into the forests of Yew to the stinking Orc Mines.

The orcs store shadow iron there or so i was told and have their champions guard it.

Corporall Valentine excelled herself in leading the detachment of guardsmen under my supervision and soon we were in the mines and at the orcs main forge.

The guards hacked down the brutes and fetched and carried for me while I set about smelting the ore into ingots for easy transportation back to Cove. One of the grunts even tried his hand at mining.

We returned to Cove without loses and with 500 Shadow Iron Ingots for the stores.

Excellent!

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Burgher.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:39:45 pm »

Burgher, Amon Jarl awarded ~ 85 Shillings
Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:17:13 am »

Good job I like mining, there is so much to do!

I set off on my mining expedition in search of many different ores to help the mighty Cove against anything that stands in the way! Keeping an army well supplied is the secret to success and with the problems with Orcs recently, now was certainly a good time to get as stocked up as possible! So off I went.

I mined around the outside of the moutaint before coming across a cave that appeared safe enough to mine in. I spent hours there, it was certainly rich with resources but the pack horses could not take any longer! They were full and in need of a rest.

Not really knowing the area I managed to find a nice house with an owner that allowed me to use his forge to smelt my ore. He also let my horses drink from the trough which they enjoyed. Having laid all my findings out I set to work smelting them into neat ingots.

After the rest I thought it would be a good idea to try and get some more resources before nightfall, however it was not long after we made our way back into the cave when nightfell so I set up a small camp to get some sleep. It's too dangourous to work in the dark.

The next day my main objective was to find Gold, as the other resources I had were plentiful and soon I had enough to return to Cove and prepare them ready to be handed in.

I shall also explore the possibilites of trading the less needed ore for ones we desire, however for now I have gathered the following resources to be handed in:

• Shadow Iron Ingots x 250
  • Dull Copper Ingots x 250

Fredrik Bloodaxe
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:24:32 am by Ludwik Bloodaxe » Logged

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:03 pm »

80 Shillings Awarded - Fredrik Bloodaxe

Excellent report!

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Covian Noble.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:41 am »

Still required...

1,250 Shadow Iron Ingots.
500 Dull Copper Ingots.

Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 08:30:55 pm »

Having Noticed the task still uncompleted I set out to try and add some more ingots to the pot!

I mined for quite a while and I now feel that I am much improving, uncovering many more metals than I used to. Taking my trusty packhorses Ore and Ingot I mined all afternoon and among the many other ingots that I smelted from the ore. I made 300 Shadow Iron Ingots and 100 Dull Copper Ingots.

I decided to head back to Cove and hand them into a member of the command team.

I will have to go on another mining expedition shortly to add further required ingots to the pot.

Fredrik Bloodaxe
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:22:51 am by Ludwik Bloodaxe » Logged

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »

Mr Bloodaxe awarded ~ 70 Shillings!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:56:19 pm »

Still required...

950 Shadow Iron Ingots.
400 Dull Copper Ingots.

Extra shillings will be awarded if you lead a mining expedition rather than mining alone.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length