Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:23:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trials: Jon Trent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trials: Jon Trent  (Read 6351 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »

*Another request for the trials made its way onto Sanderson's desk: "Jon Trent, Watchman". One of the harder working guardsmen lurking around nowadays. Kelly picked up her quill and set to work. It was going to be a tough two weeks for this one...*

Jon Trent - Watchman's Trials

Task One:

A lot of guardsmen below the rank of Junior are unfamiliar with different conditions of combat, and also different areas. Too many are centralised to practising their combat in Cove and the surrounding areas. You shall lead expeditions to the following to raise your awareness with other environments:

• A swamp
    • An orc fort
    • A desert
    • A jungle

Conditions:

1) For each patrol, the standard patrolling rules apply. This means that they must be done in time when tasks are not already ocurring, and at least one other guardsman excluding yourself must attend the patrols.
    2) Five thousand coins must be retrieved from each patrol.
    3) All of these short expeditions must last for at least twenty minutes, and information about each environment must be included in your report.

NOTE: These "expeditions" shall be counted as patrols, due to the amounts of guardsmen that need to be involved. It has been taken into account that these patrols are outside Cove.

Task Two:

All Junior Guardsmen and above are expected to be aware of how to lead a training session. Therefore, you shall conduct a training session that involves all a guardsman needs to know about battle.

Conditions:
    1) At least four other guardsmen must attend this training session.
    2) A full equipment check will take place. (This involves things such as: Bandages, light sources, bedrolls, fully repaired armour, food stocks and tools.)
    3) Ask relevant questions to attendees so that they gain knowledge from your training session.

Task Three:

Numbers are dropping. And at the same time, us guardsmen tire of the word "Recruitment". But it has to be done! When I receieved my Watchman Trials, I was asked to recruit in a specific way, and it worked in doing its job.. So you shall do the same:

You shall drop 6 banners every day at places of your choice for one week. You can repeat where you drop them, but do NOT just place them all at various moongates for the full seven days. Guardsmen may accompany you if they wish, but the choice is yours. A full report for each banner drop must be posted below each day.

NOTE: A full report for EACH TASK must be posted below, otherwise you have failed these trials.

Good luck, Jon Trent. These are difficult tasks, so you shall need it.

*Signed*
    Kelly Sanderson, Corporal
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 06:04:27 pm by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

John Dell:
    My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
    It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
    Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:30:06 am »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 1, Saturday.

JT - Jon Trent, Watchman.

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:23:14 am »

TASK TWO - Part 1, The Swamp!

Led by:
    Jon Trent, Watchman.

Attended by:
    Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
    Eve, Grenadier Corporal
    Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout
    Perrin, Junior Guardsman
    Bardicous, Guardsman Recruit

Several guardsmen gathered at the barracks and when all were ready we headed out to the swamps near Compassion. As we approached the air became muggy and sticky and as we entered the swampland the smell became worse.

The swamp was home to many animals such as snakes and alligators as well as deformed creatures made from slime and the vileness of the swamp itself. We battled our way through the swampland from side to side and top to bottom slaying the terrors as we went.

With our uniforms covered in blood and filth and our weapons caked in slime or even scarred by unclean blood we trudged back out of the murky waters and back onto dry land to dust ourselves down and head back to barracks.

We collected over 8,000 coins for the coffers and when asked what we'd learnt about combat in the swamps the line up answered...

"It's rubbish and smells of arse!"
    "It gets your boots ruined."
    "And it's yuki!"

With the extreme conditions of the swamps it is indeed a tough task to wage war there, but then again not too tough for Covian guardsmen.

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:27:18 am »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 2, Sunday.

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:03:43 am »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 3, Monday.

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:37:26 am »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 4, Tuesday.

Kelly Sanderson
    Cove Command
    Administrator
    Covian Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 12:03:04 pm »

Well done so far, Watchman! You are doing very well indeed!

*Signed*
    Kelly Sanderson, Corporal.

John Dell:
    My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
    It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
    Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 07:12:02 pm »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 5, Wednesday.

*signed*

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:09 pm »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 6, Thursday.

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 07:43:28 pm »

TASK THREE

Banner Drop - Day 7, Friday.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 05:56:24 pm by Jon Trent » Logged

Kelly Sanderson
    Cove Command
    Administrator
    Covian Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 01:00:42 pm »

Trent: You appear to have written "Day 6, Saturday" twice, with two seperate batches of banners. I shall now confirm this the end of task 3.

COMPLETED TASK THREE.

*Signed*
    Kelly Sanderson, Corporal

John Dell:

John Dell:
    Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 05:57:01 pm »

Sorry ma'am, I've amended it.

Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 07:47:27 pm »

Desert Patrol.

Attended by:

Jon Trent, Watchman. (led)
    Kal ShadowHand, Regular Scout. (had to leave early)
    Falconheart, Junior Grenadier.

I sent word to the available guardsmen to meet me at the Altmere Outpost and we headed northwards to the desert of Compassion. Unfortunately Kal was struck by illness on the road and was dismissed so it was left to Falconheart and myself to brave the desert elements.

We were immediately swarmed by desert creatures... Swarms of scorpions and sand vortexes, orcs, harpies and ettins were dealt with. The sun beating down on us and sweat dripping from our brows I thought I spied water.

Was it an illusion or real? We headed towards it and thankfully the desert spring was real indeed. We refreshed ourselves and battled our way back out to greener pastures our packs laden with with loot.

We split the loot with Falconheart's share 2,832 going into the Grenadier coffers.

Falconheart
    Baron's Own Grenadier
    Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 03:05:40 pm »

What a find led mission from Watchman Trent!  Aye it was hot and our water supply low..but we adapted, improvised and overcame the ordeal ahead of us!!

*signed* Falconheart, Junior Grenadier in the Covian Army

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
    Jon Trent
    Covian Guardsman
    Covian Regular

View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 01:44:37 pm »

Task 1 - Jungle Expedition.

Attended by:

JT - Jon Trent, Watchman. (led)

Eve, Grenadier Corporal.
    Kal ShadowHand, Regular Scout.
    Garand, Junior Scout.
    Thomas Scarr, Watchman.
    Bunnyman, Local Adventurer.

My next task was to test those present in jungle comabt conditions. So we headed to the jungles of Honesty in Ilshenar. The first thing we noticed was the humidity and the second thing we noticed was a large group of unfriendly looking ratmen coming towards us.

We stumbled upon a deserted villa where the ratmen had made their home. While we slew them Mr Bunnyman took to the shadows and checked the basement. He reported back that it was inhabited by mad mages so we went down to clear them out also.

With the villa cleared we went deeper into the jungle where once again we were attacked by ratmen, who would have though so many cheeseaters would have dwelt in the jungle?

In a clearing we found a hole in the ground spewing red molten rock... And slime... And fire monsters forth but we stood firm and beat them down. Weary we then hacked our way through the jungle undergrowth into the open where we rested a minute before heading back to Cove.

We lined up at the barracks and piled up our loot to find we had collected over 20,000 coins which was shared out between those who had returned.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length